WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all,

I've had my hands on my first Sinn, a 656, for a coupla days now. Way too soon to be thinking about regulation at all, but I do have a question.

Unlike my Ball EMII Classic, the Sinn does not seem to be showing any significant timing differences depending on its position at rest. Haven't worn it a bit, just watching it. With the Ball, which, I was told by Mr. Hess, has the Elabore grade of 2824, I can change the timing overnight by several seconds depending on the position I leave it in, but, so far, I am seeing the Sinn stay pretty consistent, regardless of position.

I am wondering if, with the 656, the combination of its Top grade of movement and, perhaps, the manner in which it is adjusted at the factory (which I don't know the specifics) produces a watch that is less sensitive to timing differences based on position.

So, what have others noticed about how much effect the position of a Sinn 2824 movement left overnight makes to its timing?

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hi and congrats!

Sinns are usually very nicely regulated, the Autos I owned so far had a steady deviation of two seconds per day max.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Brad.Give the watch a few weeks to run in.Mine has settled to @ -1.5 secs per day.I set it 30 secs fast at the start of each month so it's never more then +/- 20-30 secs out at any given time, which is fine by me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had my 656 for a year now. I don't notice any change to the accuracy arising from resting the watch in different positions. I have noticed that it is MUCH happier being worn every day rather than manually wound and left on the bedside.

When I first got it, I was bitterly disappointed with it running 14 seconds a day out! It took more like about 3 months before it settled down but it is currently gaining about two seconds a week - How's that!!!! How many mechanical watches can boast that accuracy for less than £500?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Having mine since about April, it's now running about 4 sec's slow a day,
it doesn't seem too much, not enough for me to want to send it some place
to have it adjusted, if that could be adjusted??
Still in love with the looks of this watch though, outstanding to me!

G2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts