WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking very good to me, but im not sure what I think of the sub homage. Was hoping for something more original like the previous Tritons.
But I REALLY like the hands:-! And the dial is also awesome!

This watch looks better and better the more i look at the picture.
Does anyone knows the size of the bracelet (lugs)? Hoping for 24mm, but suspect its 22mm. GREAT WATCH, Debaufre:-!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I don't like that white circle around the date window, but otherwise it looks good to me. To me it looks like a fusion of a Sub and an Oris diver. I look forward to more information and pictures of this one. I'm a sucker for huge depth ratings, so 2000m sounds good to me.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
I would not call this a "Sub Homage" in the least. The Oyster case has been used on dive watches of many brands for years. Notice also that the bracelet appears to be a 5-link across affair. I actually like the date circle and placement at 6. The dial texture is mesmerizing.

45mm is a bit large for me, though. :think:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I too hope the bezel is lumed and 45mm is a bit too big for my wrist (44mm seems to provide the best wrist presence for me). However, the 45mm case size may be needed for the extra gaskets and case thinkness to achieve the 2000m depth rating. Regardless, it's a striking design and appears beautifully executed. I love the sword hands. The 5 across bracelet link structure is also a welcome departure from the Debaufre norm. When it becomes available, I'm most likely (pending more details) in for one.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
I am sorry but this watch is gross. The more I look at it -the more angry I get. And what is with the price, ugh . . . I hope Debaufre does not price themselves into extinction.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I like it... and not a bad deal at 850... any idea of thickness of the case? :think:

Also, do we know when will it be avaliable?

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
...and liked the crown at the 4:00 position better...
+1 from me as well but not a big deal. Keep in mind that 4 o clock crown likely means custom case and that means longer wait + higher cost for us.

Not bad the way it is... it's the THICKNESS that will seal or break a deal for me... if they had to go to 18-19 mm thick case (or even more!) that would mean nice but utterly impractical daily wearer...

There is also a question of weight... if it's thick that means heavy...

2000 m is really nice but unfotunately it often means thick heavy case... we'll see what happens here when more details are known...

Cheers:-!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I really appreciate the 2000 meter rating, but I feel that the uniqueness that the old (current) Triton presented is being lost with the new design. It reminds me of just another Rolex Submariner knockoff in overall style.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I do find it funny that the cover photo of the watch shows the protective plastic still on the bracelet. I still think that even though the watch isnt available yet, more pictures should be displayed on the site.

What is the price? I didnt see it on they're web page.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts