WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe Italy is growing up in watchmaking? :think:

A new watchmaker M.G.C. (Gian Carlo Martini, still too small size to be considered a company) from Parma - Italy presents his new model of hand-wound watch.
I don't know if any of you had already posted anything about him. :-S
Have a look http://www.mgc-watch.com/## and let me have your comments, guys.

Thanks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Rouge, non c'e male, grazie. Ma quanto vengono? Sono veremente belli.:-! Sono venduti dappertutto l'Italia o solo nelle zone particulari?

By the way, shouldn't your call sign be "Rosso" instead of "Rouge":-D

Regards

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Interesting watch, but i hate site that don't give specifications. What is the movement.

I do like the look and the size but I have no idea of the price point so it is hard to tell if I am interested

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're right, guys, it was my fault not providing all the information... :oops:
About the watchmaker, he's only a small laboratory at the moment, which started few months ago, so the website is a little poor :roll:
It was hard to find his website even for me, I got the information from an Italian magazine. In any case, it seems to me a good start, even if there are many issues to be improved by him.
Some information I got from magazine:
Movement: Unitas 6497 high-grade (côte de Geneve and engraving) finishing :-! ;
Distribution: unfortunately at the moment only in Italy through some selected watch shops (it is a limited edition of 100 pcs.) :-( ;
Pricing: about 6300 Euro :rodekaart (I really cannot understand such a pricing policy!!!).

The watch is nice, well finished, hand-crafted and the feature of modifying case layout by removing lugs or rotating the watch seems a very innovative idea.
Moreover, the watch has a patented innovative clasp and the acrilic crystal is screwed (patent) to the case and can be removed by the dedicated tool, supplied with the watch.
Quality of the watch, strap and accessories seems to be at high level.

Price makes me crying!!!!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rouge, non c'e male, grazie. Ma quanto vengono? Sono veremente belli.:-! Sono venduti dappertutto l'Italia o solo nelle zone particulari?

By the way, shouldn't your call sign be "Rosso" instead of "Rouge":-D

Regards
:-D Great!!! GOOOOODDDD Italian, indeed!!! :gold

"Rouge" comes from my past at school... my schoolmates always called me in this way, being my family name "Rossi" (quite popular here in Italy) and being another schoolmate of mine having my same family name.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
The price is proably based on the (hand) work this watch needs to be finished. All hand made (case) and assembled. Although I don't have this kind of money and if I had I probably would go for something else, my favorite would be model #3.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts