WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I just got a Planet Ocean Chrono, I love it! This is my first "real" watch, I must say I`m very happy.

Though I have some quesitions, if you own a POC please help to answer:

Winding the watch: can I overwind, or it has a safety feature to protect overwinding?
Bracelet: I sized the watch and it seems to be ok, but I`m not sure I kept it balanced. I have 7 full size links on the top and 6 on the bottom (3 removable on top, 2 at bottom). Shall I swap it?
Polishing: is it safe to use Cape Cod for polishing on this bracelet?

On the back of the watch, I have "Professional", I do not see this on the PO. Do you have this too? (see pics)

Thanks in advance, I`m glad to join the proud Omega owners community.

L.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congrats! I'll answer two of your questions...
- Don't worry about over-winding it... just wind it until the crown won't turn anymore.
- I wouldn't use a capecod cloth as it will polish out the brushed finish.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Congrats! I'll answer two of your questions...
- Don't worry about over-winding it... just wind it until the crown won't turn anymore.
Well not exactly. The crown will keep turning even if the watch is fully wound, it's an automatic not a manual. 50 or so turns of the crown and you'll be fully wound. No worries of over-winding.

Everything looks right on your watch. You can always change the links on your bracelet but if it's comfortable there's no need. Good luck and enjoy your new watch!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hello All, I just got a Planet Ocean Chrono, I love it! This is my first "real" watch, I must say I`m very happy.

Though I have some quesitions, if you own a POC please help to answer:

Winding the watch: can I overwind, or it has a safety feature to protect overwinding?
Bracelet: I sized the watch and it seems to be ok, but I`m not sure I kept it balanced. I have 7 full size links on the top and 6 on the bottom (3 removable on top, 2 at bottom). Shall I swap it?
Polishing: is it safe to use Cape Cod for polishing on this bracelet?

On the back of the watch, I have "Professional", I do not see this on the PO. Do you have this too? (see pics)

Thanks in advance, I`m glad to join the proud Omega owners community.

L.
From what I recall, the word 'PROFESSIONAL' on the bracelet is availablbe on the 45.5 PO and 45.5 POC. It is not found on the 42mm version.

Congrats on your POC! I am still enamored with mine that I picked up last christmas! She is still my favoritie Omega from my humble collection.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
As far as the bracelet. Its always better to have more links on the 12 o'clock side of the watch. I have 7.5 links on the 12 o'clock side and 6 links on the 6 o'clock side. It will keep the clasp and head of the watch more balanced on the wrist.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Well not exactly. The crown will keep turning even if the watch is fully wound, it's an automatic not a manual. 50 or so turns of the crown and you'll be fully wound. No worries of over-winding.
Levko, I was a little confused when I asked this question here as well. My POC crown WILL in fact stop turning after you wind it beyond some point. I became very leery of winding it too much after I started to feel any tension.

WM, I'm guessing the regular PO doesn't stop winding like the POC does. I think my 2234 can't be overwound either.

Wonder if the nature of the Chrono requires a different winding function? :think:

I keep my watch on a winder now so it doesn't really affect me anymore, but I generally would have only hand wound it if it had been off my wrist for at least a day, 10 times or so, and let my wrist do the rest!

Deacon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.