WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Landed yesterday from Varsaw.

I thought since quite a time to find out a Sturmanskie chrono of this family. The prices of brand-new Poljot re-edition (a re-edition could be have been OK for me too), are still rising a lot and an the affordable examplaries on the bay are becoming scarce nowaday.

When a saw it, I did not exactly understand that it could be a new old stock. The auction was in Polish and not fully explicit for me...Finally I decided to buy it (offered as "buy now" for 500 Sloties/125 Euros).

The watch came normally in a few days and arrived yesterday.

It was packaged in a Slava plastic box that I like very much.

Open that box...Here is the watch

It's the so-called "pale-blue dial" one (p11 watch 19 in the JL's book) with the straight chrono hands that I was no sure they could be original on a Sturmanskie 3133 chrono. The hour and minute hands are black with the rounded tips. The rotating bezel is scaled in second with dots in the 0-15s quarter not as the other variant of Sturmanskie (scaled in hours). The case is made of chrome-plated brass as well as the crows and the pushers.

No bracelet came with the chrono, just the spring bars (18 mm) and that typical small sticker attached with a wire of the Poljot factory control indicating : 14-5 "OTK-64" 27 and, hand written on the verso : "86917 Chronograph" (I guess more than I read...). Very similar to the NOS 31659 chrono recently posted by Michele.

Let's see a bit the caliber :

"SU" stands for a USSR production (the very late 1990-1991, I would say) of the 3133 movement, stamped with the Poljot crown near the balance wheel.

The watch is runing smoothly, all functions are OK. Not a single scratch.:p

Recently I have cleaned a flexible bracelet that I found on a wreck of a 70's chinese cheap watch. I bought it because the watch was fitted with that incredible Ruhla mechanical pin-lever movement produced by millions, fully automatically in the former "DDR". I needed the balance wheel to improve my pocket Ruhla watch :

The bracelet fits the 18mm of the lugs :

The bracelet is a litlle wider near the lugs ressembling to the original Poljot bracelet provided by Poljot with the issued 31659 (see for instance that beautiful picture -as all his pictures!- on Ill-phill web site)

What a watch!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Great sturmanskie Marc |> I always liked 3113 more than 31659 because of the second-hour bezel. Anyway, are you going to relume it too? 8 needs luming.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great sturmanskie Marc |> I always liked 3113 more than 31659 because of the second-hour bezel. Anyway, are you going to relume it too? 8 needs luming.
Oh!. I did even not notice that!!! So funny.:-!. I don't have white lume however. May be the Poljot employee just forgot it when the lume was done because there not a single trace of it...:)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
:-D Still, it's so beautiful that nobody noticed it. |> Not even the strict soviet quality inspector! :-D

·
Registered
538 Posts
hand written on the verso : "86917 Chronograph" (I guess more than I read...).​

I'm sorry but you are wrong. Handwriting inscription is the name of person who inspected and tested the watch. In your case it was Mr.(or Mrs) Chernokozhikh. In case of Michele it was Mr. Ushakov.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sorry but you are wrong. Handwriting inscription is the name of person who inspected and tested the watch. In your case it was Mr.(or Mrs) Chernokozhikh. In case of Michele it was Mr. Ushakov.

[/left]
[/left]
Hi Andy!

Thank ever so much:-!. I was completely unable to decipher that writing, so I guessed the closest word coming to my mind. That's really makes sense and I am very happy to know the name of the Poljot inspection person...who may have left incidentaly passing the missing lume plot at 8!!!!... I will leave that plot missing for the possible anecdoct of course.

Thanks again

Marc

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Great purchase, Marc, same seller for my watch (and same price :roll: ), fully worthy anyway!
I would not worry about the luminous dot. Don't alterate the original "mistake" of the factory. ;-)

P.S. thank you, Andy, for the translation!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts