WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am being told by eBay that Casio has asked them to shut me down because I dont have their authorization to sell G Shocks on eBay. Have any of you ever heard of such a thing? I have 100% perfect seller feedback and I only sell legit G Shocks, and there are thousands of .........s on that site selling fakes or using stock photos to sell watches that they dont even have, so needless to say I am a little confused by this. I have also sold a lot of Nike products through my eBay account and was never told I need a permit to do so by them, so I am wondering if this is normal. I am at a loss.....

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Are you doing a large volume of sales? I have not heard of this before. I can understand if you are selling new watches and claiming there is a valid warranty. But if they are second hand, and no warranty is implied, then it is your right to sell them or not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have sold about 12 watches so far, and have another 5 for sale now. I take pics of each watch including the caseback to prove the authenticity, and I have never said I was affiliated with Casio in any way. I just dont get it. They have banned me from selling for 7 days, and I apparently need permission from Casio to sell G Shocks going foward.

But its just fine and dandy to sell fakes. None of the people I have reported to eBay recently for doing so have been shut down. Again, I just dont get it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Contact Ebay direct and speak with someone there.I know other people who have had items ended and they were told that on certain items ebay does random auctions and end them if they feel something is not up to their policy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Contact Ebay direct and speak with someone there.I know other people who have had items ended and they were told that on certain items ebay does random auctions and end them if they feel something is not up to their policy.
I contacted them directly today, and after 45 minutes on the phone they told me that Casio told them I dont have their permission to sell Casios. I told them that was the most idiotic thing I have ever heard, I bought the watches and I should be able to resell them if I so desire.

I'm probably just going to have to create another account. Sucks to lose all my positive feedback though......

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Are you selling them as brand new unused or have you stated that they are second hand. I suspect that if you state in your descriptions that they are second hand, you will be okay. They probably are trying to put a stop to unauthorized dealers selling G's as new watches.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Are you selling them as brand new unused or have you stated that they are second hand. I suspect that if you state in your descriptions that they are second hand, you will be okay. They probably are trying to put a stop to unauthorized dealers selling G's as new watches.
Dont see how their going to stop them, they cant even stop all of the people that charge a few bucks for an item but yet $250 for freight to circumvent their fee system, even when reported they do nothing, give me a break, ebay is over runned and out of control, IMHO. like the wild west, LOL :-x

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Dont see how their going to stop them, they cant even stop all of the people that charge a few bucks for an item but yet $250 for freight to circumvent their fee system, even when reported they do nothing, give me a break, ebay is over runned and out of control, IMHO. like the wild west, LOL :-x
The only thing keeping eBay around operating as it has is a membership that thinks they can't influence eBay to change. Many sellers acquiesce because they may be making their living off of selling on eBay. They're captive to the charges and don't want to rock the boat, risking their selling facility.

Most of eBay's R&D had been pioneered years ago. All they've been doing since is throwing more hardware and network conduits for improving server performance. They haven't made a significant change to their website interface in many years. The system is a virtual cash cow now... eBay just collects the $$$ with not much overhead relatively speaking. They've got NO INCENTIVE to change anything. The only thing would be a mass protest or an alternative. But at this point, "eBay" is such a pervasive brand, nobody could compete... except perhaps Google (I've been waiting for them to do this!).

eBay is not very friendly to their seller base. This is because the real catalyst to sales is their buyers. The buyers are the ones who pull the trigger that makes eBay money. The seller is just the one who pays for it (double whammy, both via eBay and PayPal). Thus, if ONE PERSON happened to complain about you GisGShockinIt, guess what? eBay revokes your privileges. It's far easier for them to just do it, assume you're guilty, then wait for you to muster up the strength to prove your innocence. Yep, guilty until proven innocent is their mantra. And why? Because not only can they, it's easier for them.

eBay has provided me a means of buying many items I wouldn't have been otherwise able to purchase (from foreign lands) and some domestic stuff at significant discounts I would have had to comb many garage sales to find. So, I thank eBay for this... but at the same time, I'm critical of their ethics. They've gotten rather nasty and I don't like it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
time to open a new account and start all over again!

·
Registered
20,580 Posts
It sounds weird to me, unless you pretend to be Casio's ambassador on eBay or you actually charge $200 for shipping I don't see how could they stop you from selling your own watches.

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
An old friend of this forum had to change his username because it had "g-shock" in it... I think you'd be okay listing them as used, but describe them appropriately. You also may want to list only a few at a time, not 5.

It could be just a competitor who complained. There are a ton of resellers who sell G's all the time...hard to understand eBay's actions. But lots of ways to get around it...

Neil

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So here is something weird.....

1) They left my Pathfinders up that I am selling.......apparently I just am not allowed to sell G Shocks?

2) I made another account, I put up a green ana-digi, 2 of the Globe x GShock 5600 colllabs, and the new Rasta color In4mation collab......eBay took down the Globe GShocks due to a copyright infringement, but left the other 2 up.

I truly have no damn idea what is going on here.....:think:

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Why don't you drop 'msgdistributors' a pm and ask if he knows anything about a permit? He is a member here and also has a big eBay shop where he sells Gs. (Michael is a great seller BTW and really looks after you).

Mitch

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I'll ask again. Are you selling these as brand new? If so, are you an authorized dealer? If not, I bet that if you listed them in a certain way, they wouldn't be pulled.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I need to be honest... I'm not completely opposed to this action on their part if you are selling them new and in fact you have no relationship with Casio to retail G-Shocks. I'm not trying to stir the pot, but....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts