WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cal 8500 Hour Vision is a refined and elegant watch, made all the better by the added annual calendar complication and Si 14 balance spring, the Cal 8601. The watch has an air of technical superiority about it. It's a tour de force of design, aesthethics and technicality. So yes, the watch inspires great feelings in an owner. It begs to be worn, displayed and appreciated. The case is just fantastic. Never was there a more mutual symbiotic relationship between a watch case and its movement. The case illuminates the virtuoso movement from all sides and bathes the movement in light. All seems dross next to the Hour Vision annual calendar.

I can't think of anything else to add but that the watch is perfect. It's gorgeous to behold, the level of technicality is awesome and the case is genuinely stunning. It's painful not to wear it

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Thanks for the wonderful pics! Normally, I am not a big fan of Day/Dates or even Dates on watch dials, but this one is done so beautifully it almost enhances the dial rather than detract from it.
The dial is outstantding. It almost looks like a charcoal grey with the black accents. The detail on the case is amazing. I have loved the Hour Vision from when it first came out. I got an AT 8500 last year, which I absolutely love, but there is something about the Hour Vision which takes the quality even a step further. I do wish that the earlier 8500 movements had the Si 14 balance spring as well, although not a make-or-break selling point with me.
The Annual Calendar is a wonderful development of this movement.
The leather/croco strap is stunning with the watch.
Cheers,
Carl

·
Banned
536 Posts
Re: A splendid watch indeed.

Has it ever been outside the showroom?
x2. Seriously, Marlon, did you buy one? And yes, i honestly agree with you...the Hour Vision is just magnificent!! BTW, the bracelet for the HV is just equally spectacular...so comfortable to wear!|>

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very nice watch, thank you for sharing the pictures. My concern with this watch is (beside the price of course) is that the crown does not screw in or has any support which may be an issue if you accidently bump the watch against any solid object, maybe I am just used to my M300 with the crown more protected!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Didn't we already do this? With the same pictures?

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=339141

Do you actually own this yet, and if so, do you feel like showing us a picture on a newspaper with the current date? Cause these photos are old.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Great pictures of a beautiful watch. If I had one, I'd wear occasionally with the caseback side up.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Didn't we already do this? With the same pictures?

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=339141

Do you actually own this yet, and if so, do you feel like showing us a picture on a newspaper with the current date? Cause these photos are old.
since u mention it...now i also think it's weird,different thread but same picture,same date and month as in the previous thread:think:

but still HV annual calendar is a very nice watch with a premium movt,congrats marlon if u really have it.

perhap next time you should post different pics to make some of us believe that u really have one

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm sure this is an incredibly newbie type question: but, what can you actually see from the side window? can you see much movement movement (if you know what i mean, haha)?

Reason I ask is because I always wondered what the point of the side window was?
I had a very close look at one of these, to answer the same question. I could see vague lines of metal, but I couldn't see inside well enough to appreciate the mechanism.

To me, the sapphire case is elegant and I admire the technical expertise required to make it but it does not display the movement. Marlon's photos are quite accurate: you can't see much more of the innards than the photos show.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
The sapphire crystal case sides are designed to let in light so that the movement really lights up. So I'm told by the Omega Sales Rep.

·
Banned
536 Posts
The sapphire crystal case sides are designed to let in light so that the movement really lights up. So I'm told by the Omega Sales Rep.
Exactly. For example, when looking at the movement of my HV and AT8500, you can see that the HV movement is more "lit up"...you can also see the outer edge of the movement better from the caseback window.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts