WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since 6 months my beloved Bellaruss Luch 2350 quartz had some problems. It lost every day variable seconds, sometine -4 sometimes -10s....

I hesitated between a used battery or a problem in the date change around midnight because the change was not particularly smooth. I openned the watch (the beauty of the movement is really not captiving but we do not like this watch for the technology!).

Before assuming more problems, I just oiled carefully the wheel train using 9010 Moebius oil. There are very litle forces exerted to the train in quartz step movements so are no needs of a more viscous oil like the 9020 for slow mobile parts.

Since several week the problem looks fully fixed. Not a single second per day. Something like +1s in 3 weeks....

Incredible small machine and large watch!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Since 6 months my beloved Bellaruss Luch 2350 quartz had some problems. It lost every day variable seconds, sometine -4 sometimes -10s....
I hesitated between a used battery or a problem in the date change around midnight because the change was not particularly smooth. I openned the watch (the beauty of the movement is really not captiving but we do not like this watch for the technology!).

Before assuming more problems, I just oiled carefully the wheel train using 9010 Moebius oil. There are very litle forces exerted to the train in quartz step movements so are no needs of a more viscous oil like the 9020 for slow mobile parts.

Since several week the problem looks fully fixed. Not a single second per day. Something like +1s in 3 weeks....

Incredible small machine and large watch!​
Well done|>
BTW I like the strap :-! matches the green dial perfectly.

Phil

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,751 Posts
Is Luch a decent watch?
If serviced by Marc, it is an excellent watch :-D

The design of the 2356/2350 hasn't been changed in 20 years because it is quite good enough already. I also have a 'Big Green' and it runs great. Battery life is 1980s standard (~1.5-2 years), but accuracy is excellent (<2min/3months).

This model is not without its faults however. My friend has one with a poorly aligning day and date, and the calendar crown is very stiff. By contrast, the calendar crown is so loose on mine that I had to wrap some polyester thread around the tube to add some friction. And the (fixed) bezel is always slightly out of alignment on every example that I have seen O|

On the other hand; it's a replica of the classic 1970s Orient Multi-Year Calendar, but only half the height on the wrist, and marked entirely in Russian. Pretty hard to beat a package like that.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Very nice watch!!!

BTW I use Moebius 9000 for wheel trains of quartz watches and D5 for stems and calendar modules.

·
Registered
538 Posts
The design of the 2356/2350 hasn't been changed in 20 years because it is quite good enough already. I also have a 'Big Green' and it runs great. Battery life is 1980s standard (~1.5-2 years), but accuracy is excellent (<2min/3months).
2 min/3 months is not very good accuracy for such watches. It must be within +20 sec a month. The 2350 movement has trimmer for regulating accuracy and you can adjust it.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,751 Posts
2 min/3 months is not very good accuracy for such watches. It must be within +20 sec a month. The 2350 movement has trimmer for regulating accuracy and you can adjust it.
I think the trimmer has been deleted on later models.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
If serviced by Marc, it is an excellent watch :-D

This model is not without its faults however. My friend has one with a poorly aligning day and date, and the calendar crown is very stiff. By contrast, the calendar crown is so loose on mine that I had to wrap some polyester thread around the tube to add some friction. And the (fixed) bezel is always slightly out of alignment on every example that I have seen O|

On the other hand; it's a replica of the classic 1970s Orient Multi-Year Calendar, but only half the height on the wrist, and marked entirely in Russian. Pretty hard to beat a package like that.
I own a Luch Calendar and i'm quite satisfied with it, a nice, cheap but original watch. The first one, purchased at the Polish flea market, had a defect on the calendar (also that one was misaligned), then it started to stop sometime, and i have broken it trying to fix it.

I purchased a second one (from Zenitar), no problem with it. Just the loose bezel crown mentioned by Chascomm. Also, i have dismounted the bezel to re-align it. ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts