WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a puzzle for you, let's see how smart we are...And bare with me, this is the first time I've uploaded a video to you tube and the first time for me to post one. What you will see is what happens when I press the light button on my G9000MS-1. In the video (which is crappy at best) it has been doing this for about 30 seconds. Although the clip is oly about a minute long, what you will see occurs for exactly 5 minutes...

I know the video quality is poor, but I was trying to move it around in a darker space so you could see the EL glow. Best shot is the last 10 seconds or so...

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Beware, now the Mudman has a life of its own ;-)

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Umm...as it looks cool the first time, I assure you that's NOT the response I'm looking for!! When I wear my muddie, I don't know if I should press the light button or not. one side says 'yes...it's soooo cool!!!." The other side says "no, ur watch is F'd up and you're going to lose 5 minutes time and have to re-sync it." I just want to know...what the F did I do to make it do this???

Where are my digital geniuses?

·
Registered
105 Posts
how old is the battery. May be its on the way out. When you press the light it draws too much
current and voltage drop.

possible solution is to change the battery and reset.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hadn't thought about the battery, but it can't be that old. My Dw-002 battery lasted over 10 yrs before it needed replacing and I know this watch can't be that old. Everything else works fine. I suppose I could add a huge clue to the riddle... When I bought the watch, it had a busted LCD. I ordered a new one and replaced it. Well, along with the new LCD I just had to do something extra. So I Hydro modded it. But I'm still puzzled as to what I could have done wrong as this is the third G that I've hydro'd. So, with that little tidbit...any ideas?

·
Registered
521 Posts
You are in the Matrix!!! Skip the operations programs and load up some Kung Fu!"

(sorry I am of zero help... i couldn't resist)

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's not the battery. I once came across a DW-6100 that acted like this. Most likely the circuit board is damaged.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
how old is the battery. May be its on the way out. When you press the light it draws too much
current and voltage drop.

possible solution is to change the battery and reset.
I think David may be right and has good suggestions. It's also possible that the module is shot, but only if it was exposed to moisture or some other form of damage (like strong magnetism or microwave radiation).

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I'm not sure what's wrong, but I own an MS-1. If I couldn't use the EL I would never be able
to read it except when the lighting is right. I sleep with mine on also.
The EL is the best part. I would try the battery change first.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll open it later and try a battery reset. I don't know if the circuit board is damaged, as everything works perfectly EXCEPT this little glitch. The watch is keeping perfect time, stopwatch and timers work. The EL obviously works. BUT, I get this screen that cycles for 5 minutes when I turn on the EL. Everything else is fine. Someone mentioned moisture getting in there. It's hydro modded, so it's filled with silicon oil.

·
Registered
105 Posts
if everything works. then its more like the battery itself.

Best if you got a spare new battery swap and then reset.Then you can
take the battery out of the equation . This is the easiest process
of elimination. Because you hydro mod it. its best to change the battery with
a new one at the same time. that all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts