WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Aquaracer Caliber 5 last week. I was reviewing the maintenance requirements and it's recommended every two years, plus every year it should be waterproof tested.

My question is about the waterproof testing. Am I supposed to send it to a service center or can a local Tag dealer do this test and document it was performed?

The warranty book says in order for the two year warranty to be valid the sale must be entered online by the dealer (it was, I checked) and required maintenance must be done.

Unless I read this wrong, it seems like I need to have waterproof testing documented at the year 1 point, in order for the second year to remain valid.

Thanks

David

·
Registered
54 Posts
You have a two year manufacturer’s warranty whether you get it tested after one year or not.

Others may disagree but I see no point in getting it waterproof tested once a year unless you actually wear it while swimming regularly.

As for servicing in general, I personally would only bother if something deteriorates (eg. losing accuracy to outside of spec).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts