WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the design of the Schauer range of watches, and have a quick question before I make up my mind about which one to purchase.

Some of the Schauer cases, such as the 2836 day-date, have bezel screws that seem to point inwards towards the dial. I imagine that these are decorative, as they look to be at the wrong angle to screw the bezel to the case. Eg:

Does anyone know which of the Schauer cases uses the screws to fix the bezel to the case and which are decorative? Also, is there any difference between the day-date zentral and day-date 2836 cases, as the zentral seems to be slightly thicker than both versions of the normal 2836

Cheers

·
Registered
742 Posts
I can't really think of a reason why those would have to be decorative. The holes in the case would have to be at an angle to accept the screws and then you would have some accurate drilling involved because you are screwing at an angle. I don't think this is beyond Jorg's capabilities and I would be rather surprised if they were decorative screws. Rather interested in the answer to that question.

I have been looking at these pictures closely myself lately as well. I would like to order a custom Chronograph Edition 7 only with the Edition 12's bezel on it. The interesting part is you can see that the Edition 12's bezel is at an angle like what you pictured but the screws are straight vertical like one would expect. To me, not knowing what goes on under the hood, this looks like an easy swap.

To answer your question it certainly looks like all the chronograph's use those screws to hold the bezel on...

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
They look like they may be different size screws to me.

·
Registered
678 Posts
They certainly screw the bezel to the case as he has sent me one of the old square bezels back (and the original screws) when replaced it on my Kulisse for an angled one and blued screws.

·
Registered
742 Posts
They certainly screw the bezel to the case as he has sent me one of the old square bezels back (and the original screws) when replaced it on my Kulisse for an angled one and blued screws.
It sounds like you did exactly what I want, you have pictures? :-!

It also occurs to me I am barking up the wrong door at the [email protected] (USA shop) address and just forewarded my question to [email protected].

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi - will most certainly do so - they are on another computer that I cannot access from where I am at the moment.

I have posted them here before, but cannot remember when so cannot give a link.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Well done - this was one of the square bezelled watches, and with the screws to match the hands.
That looks like the 2836 day-date case that mathew posted in the first post here and not the Edition 12 case. Its interesting to note that they can go either way on the case there with the Valjoux 775X movement.

Ah well, hopefully I will get an official answer soon but if I were them I would probably have the week off as well.

And no offense after actually seeing the watch I think I would like to go with the regular stainless screws on the bezel, just looked neat in my head but seeing is believing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yup - I wanted the variety, and something different from the other Schauer cases (I have 6 of them).

When Jorg made the change, he returned the original bezel and the plain screws to me, so in the (unlikely) event I pass it on, the new owner can make his own decision!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts