WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance again for being patient with my questions.

Do all Rolex crystals have the crown etched in them, or is it only certain models?

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I be freaking or should I be homicidal?

Only those produced ~2000 or newer get the laser etched coronet.

Also, any sapphire crystal that has been replaced, regardless of age, gets a coronet with an 'S' to indicate service.
And this for all models? I'm sitting here looking at my D series GMT II with all the paperwork, bought from a highly recommended TZ dealer, and I don't see the etched crown. Should I be freaking, or should I be homicidal?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: Should I be freaking or should I be homicidal?

And this for all models? I'm sitting here looking at my D series GMT II with all the paperwork, bought from a highly recommended TZ dealer, and I don't see the etched crown. Should I be freaking, or should I be homicidal?
If it is a D series it's there. They are not easy to see even with a loupe. Good lighting and angle viewing help, but you almost need to use a camera with a Macro lens to capture them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Should I be freaking or should I be homicidal?

If it is a D series it's there. They are not easy to see even with a loupe. Good lighting and angle viewing help, but you almost need to use a camera with a Macro lens to capture them.
Yes, that would be a 'good' thing that you are likely having trouble seeing it with the naked eye. I would be more concerned if you WERE able to easily see it with the naked eye.:)

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I found it!!!

I had to take some macro pictures, and blow them up (8 megapixels), and there it was. Thanks for your comment that I shouldn't be able to see it with the naked eye.

The only problem that I have now is what to tell my buddy at work. What set me off today was that he wore his "Sea Dweller" to work and the etched crown was big and bold and clearly visible to the naked eye.

Please tell me that they are obvious on the SD "holes" watches. Otherwise, do I have to tell him . . . . well, you know what.
Thanks again

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: Thanks, I found it!!!

I had to take some macro pictures, and blow them up (8 megapixels), and there it was. Thanks for your comment that I shouldn't be able to see it with the naked eye.

The only problem that I have now is what to tell my buddy at work. What set me off today was that he wore his "Sea Dweller" to work and the etched crown was big and bold and clearly visible to the naked eye.

Please tell me that they are obvious on the SD "holes" watches. Otherwise, do I have to tell him . . . . well, you know what.
Thanks again
I'm certainly no expert but "big and bold" usually means "replica and fake"...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Re: Thanks, I found it!!!

Thanks again
If it can be easily seen with the naked eye you either have eyes like a hawk or it's probably a fake. :think: =) maverick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts