WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok people i have a question for you guys that have been around the forum for more than a year.has any one ever seen a professional with pvd case?the reason i am asking is because there is a shop here that does all types of coatings.among them is pvd and to do the case and braclet is not that expensive.i love the orange face of my pro and was thinking it might look cool with the black pvd coating.also a foot note i hate how the bezel of my watch attracts scratches from the 4 corners of the earth and i am jelous of how the mil sharkies always look new.any way i am not completely set on the idea its just a thought i am entertaining.i wanted some opinions from some of you before i went ahead with it.i dont know if this would be blasphmy to doxa? :thanks.also if i have it done the watch will be compleatly disassembled by my jewler coated then reasembled.ok

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It sounds kinda cool to me. What does something like that cost?

I cannot speak for the blasphemy factor, I am a new doxaholic.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,626 Posts
Looks pretty good I think. I have seen two (one a 300T Reissue Seahunter and the other a COSC Pro) here on the forum in the last 6 months.........

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
David Woo (Edit: Memory going bad... it wasn't David Woo, sorry David!) had a 750T Pro and a Milshark. He had his watchmaker swap the movements/dials. He then sold the "Sharkhunter" byproduct (I almost bought it, and wish I would have!).

I think he's sold the MilPro too, but maybe he still has the pics.... David?

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
Yep, that's the COSC Jason was talking about. But someone had some really good pics of his on the bracelet (why don't I save these things??).

Hopefully he'll post them too :-!.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would buy that in a heartbeat:-!

DOXA...are you listening?

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
Re: T: that wasn't me, you must be thinking of someone else?

T: that wasn't me, you must be thinking of someone else?.
Blast! o|

Humblest apologies to both you AND the Gentleman I almost bought the Sharky from.... now, if someone could help me out here.... who was it???? (If not for the PM limit, I could check my in/out box and verify the name.... Maybe I can find it through forum posts by date (I ended up buying my Sharkhunter virtually the day I decided NOT to buy his, and it was from eBay, so I can get the date....)

:-s:-s:-s

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok gentelmen thanks for all the feed back and the pics.after seeing pics of one i dont think i am going to coat my 750.i will just have to bite the bullet and buy a mill sharkie.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts