WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this chrono today at an estate sale. I can't find much on the make other than the company was a manufacturer of stopwatches too. Lots of cheap stopwatches on eBay. I am trying to get the back open. Any leads on information would be much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe you've scored yourself a Valjoux 72. What is the size of the case, if you don't mind my asking?
Not at all, though I am not sure of its size tbh. My guess is around 34mm or 35mm. I am going to take it into a local shop to have the caseback removed as I have not been able to do it (I don't want to scuff it up). I will have it measured there with a digital caliper.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You nailed it, Dan. VJ 72. It is running happily, and the pushers work. It's dirty and missing a gasket, so a service is in order. Not sure what I will do with it. I have a Le Jour chrono that needs servicing too. I like them both, but one might have to go to pay for the other.

Meylan movement.JPG

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Dan. I can't wait to get the LJ serviced and on my wrist. It's my first chrono (at least the first one I intend to keep and wear).

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I did a bit of digging on this brand a while back. I had gotten this one as a basket case and had it rebuilt. Not fun. Has a Lemania 27CH movement. I will see if I can dig up the ad I found for them.

20181215_194802.jpg

20181215_194843.jpg

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
According to the AD the catalog # was either 28W or 28. The 28W was the waterproof model and I believe that would be yours. At the time (1940's) they sold for $52 net $65 list. Yours and mine were the more expensive of the range they did and were the only 2 models that were fitted in stainless. All others were listed in a "stainless silver-like metal case". I read that as chromes base metal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts