WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Rad to complement my Lum.

Currently I have the 590, which I love. Fits very well on my wrist. I would have loved to get a 372 or 422, but the 47mm size just felt too big on my wrist. So, I'm probably looking at a Rad at 44 or 45. I've never tried on a 47mm Rad, so I don't know how it compares to a 44mm Lum.

I'd like to stay under 7K, which I know limits the options. I like the 210, but I'd have to buy it used, which I'm not opposed to doing. But I'd probably prefer new from grey dealer.

This will probably be my last Panerai purchase, but I guess you never know considering how addictive Panerai can be!

Just wondering what you'd pair with the 590?

Thanks boys.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm personally eagerly awaiting the release of a 44mm version of the 587 so I can snatch one up.

What particular configuration did you have in mind?
There is no such watch ever being offered so I'd start looking for other alternatives. Your only current options would be the 572 / 619 at 45MM so long as you can live with an auto and the label on the dial. I've posted a few pix in another thread from a recent visit where I tried it on if you want to see what it looks like on the wrist.

The 587, while beautiful, is historically inaccurate with the MM insignia so will not be offered in any other 40s RAD. The hope would be that eventually they will offer the MM dial in a 1950s LUM body at 47MM which would be the accurate rendition historically speaking.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
There is no such watch ever being offered so I'd start looking for other alternatives. Your only current options would be the 572 / 619 at 45MM so long as you can live with an auto and the label on the dial. I've posted a few pix in another thread from a recent visit where I tried it on if you want to see what it looks like on the wrist.

The 587, while beautiful, is historically inaccurate with the MM insignia so will not be offered in any other 40s RAD. The hope would be that eventually they will offer the MM dial in a 1950s LUM body at 47MM which would be the accurate rendition historically speaking.
Thank you for your elaborate response, and all true of course, but one can only hope they release a 44mm radiomir with a clean dial with minimal writing, uncomplicated, resembling that of the 372, and the modern crown. That's what I'm holding out for.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Current available Radiomir models 44 to 45 mm in size, SS or titanium in your price range are 610, 609, 380, 183 and the 388.

Of course there are more models available but those are either discontinued, sold out special or limited editions which we all know won't come cheap unless preowned or gray market.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Current available Radiomir models 44 to 45 mm in size, SS or titanium in your price range are 610, 609, 380, 183 and the 388.

Of course there are more models available but those are either discontinued, sold out special or limited editions which we all know won't come cheap unless preowned or gray market.
I'm liking the 619 as well. Not sure about price for that one though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm liking the 619 as well. Not sure about price for that one though.
Also see in my previous post and thread, the 619 was the reason I went to OP boutique in mArch...the issue I found is that the 572 is super thin and super light, it didn't feel like a PAM which was strange. I am looking for a similar base as you and thought 47MM may be too big, but after trying the 572 I'm reconsidering my options until I can try on a 47MM 40s RAD--again my benchmark is the 622 which may be the ultimate base as it's based on the 6154 while the 587 is based off the 6152, the 6154 being more sleek...now we just need OP to release a global follow up to the 622

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thank you for your elaborate response, and all true of course, but one can only hope they release a 44mm radiomir with a clean dial with minimal writing, uncomplicated, resembling that of the 372, and the modern crown. That's what I'm holding out for.
Add DLC and you got a perfect watch! Sort of like the 785 :) but separate offerings

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also see in my previous post and thread, the 619 was the reason I went to OP boutique in mArch...the issue I found is that the 572 is super thin and super light, it didn't feel like a PAM which was strange. I am looking for a similar base as you and thought 47MM may be too big, but after trying the 572 I'm reconsidering my options until I can try on a 47MM 40s RAD--again my benchmark is the 622 which may be the ultimate base as it's based on the 6154 while the 587 is based off the 6152, the 6154 being more sleek...now we just need OP to release a global follow up to the 622
ya, I'm going to have to go to try on the 47mm Rad's to see if that size works. Opens up a lot more options.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
if you are considering a Cali Dial ?. you should try it on to decide if it suits your Wrist or Not..!
pictures sometimes make it look Big, but in reality it looks smaller than any other Radiomir Dial.

also and keep in mind that a Rad Case wears smaller than a Luminor due to it's Short Lug Design.

if a 47mm Case doesn't look Right on your Wrist ?, i'd recommend the 190.
a lovely watch with JLC Caliber. and it's more of what you're looking for (at 45mm).

Reactions: WatchNRolla

·
Registered
603 Posts
Like the OP, I've been looking for a Rad to complement my Luminor. In my case, a 351. I've been leaning towards the 292 or 183. It would primarily be for a casual use. Decisions, decisions....

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was able to try on the 47mm Rads with the wire lugs and they do wear a lot smaller than 47 Lum's. The 47 Rad's actually don't wear much bigger on my wrist than my 44mm Lum. That opens up some Cali dial options. I'm so confused. Haha.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
I was able to try on the 47mm Rads with the wire lugs and they do wear a lot smaller than 47 Lum's. The 47 Rad's actually don't wear much bigger on my wrist than my 44mm Lum. That opens up some Cali dial options. I'm so confused. Haha.

i told ya.;-)
i'll take a picture of the 249 with 372 next time. but meanwhile, have a look at the 232 next to a 47mm Luminor Case

it does look smaller doesn't it ?.
which means the 249 will look even smaller than 232.

not the best picture since the 249 is in the background (which appears smaller) but believe me, it does look smaller than any other 47mm Radiomir.

hope the pictures helped a little to solve your confusion :-s .

Cheers :)

Reactions: WatchNRolla
1 - 20 of 38 Posts