WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speaking of the St. Moritz Momentum I got from Mike Ukrainetz, who got it from his inlaws (Thanks, Mike's inlaws!)

(just kidding, thanks so much Mike!)

Hey: if you haven't checked out the watches for sale forum... you should!

First of all, St. Moritz is based in Vancouver BC, that's in CANADA!!!!
http://www.st-moritz.com/pages/contact.php

Here's their marketing schtick to explain why the watches are not Canadian at all (which simply would not do):

While the movements in our watches come either from Switzerland or Japan, we source components for our watches from all over the world. It is not unusual to find one of our models using a Swiss movement, a Japanese steel case and a deluxe band from Italy. Our goal is always to provide the best quality and value, sourcing each part that goes into our watches directly from the source, to deliver the maximum “bang for the buck”.

On the other hand, "bang for the buck" now there's a real Canadian thing to say, eh! We Canadians do like our bang for the buck. Plus our Tim Hortons donuts. Eh!

Now, onto the watch: The St. Moritz "Momentum" Atlas in solid titanium with khaki dial & strap.

Titanium, isn't that one of those exotic alloys or something???
YEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWW!

I fear this is one of those under-appreciated watches again.
Screw-down crown (YES!), pretty good lume, nice dial, date window, 100m WR. It's a quartz but the second hand leads the markings by only the tiniest smidge.

I don't think I've had a nylon strap before today. First the Humvee, now this! :-!
Even the buckle and tang are titanium.

Not the greatest of pics, thanks for your patience. This is actually a pretty darn good watch!

It helps if green is your favorite color though (like me).

Thanks for looking! :thanks

·
Registered
26,747 Posts
Congratulations :)

For the watch, and for the "bang for the buck" part ! :-d ;-)

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
I was wondering if it was still available from Mike. I've been looking for a Ti something or other. Glad it went to a good home! Wear it well.

Cheers!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well. First, let me say one very important thing: I am Canadian! I would buy anything that's 'Made in Canada' which is worth my consideration. Second, let me congratulate you for your purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Last but not least, I have to say, unfortunately, that I don't like this particular watch. To me, everything about it screams 'cheap'. The dial, the hands, the numerals and the band. All looks to me like if this watch costs 10$. The case seems ok for a basic watch. Titanium is a nice touch. Sorry, nothing personal. I'm just speaking my mind, as another fellow Canadian :)

Cheers

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good to see some Canadian Representation!!

I agree with Stripe. Although some of their other watches are nice, this particular one is just to plain vanilla for me...

Do they show their prices on that website anywhere?

Well. First, let me say one very important thing: I am Canadian! I would buy anything that's 'Made in Canada' which is worth my consideration. Second, let me congratulate you for your purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Last but not least, I have to say, unfortunately, that I don't like this particular watch. To me, everything about it screams 'cheap'. The dial, the hands, the numerals and the band. All looks to me like if this watch costs 10$. The case seems ok for a basic watch. Titanium is a nice touch. Sorry, nothing personal. I'm just speaking my mind, as another fellow Canadian :)

Cheers

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
I really think St. Moritz is an underrated brand. I really like my Storm chrono:

I almost went for an Aquamatic last week but decided on something else, as soon as the strap I ordered for it comes I'll post up b-)

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Great looking watch, I have been eyeing one of those for days now, only with the black dial, love the screw in crown and caseback on these, hard to find a field styled watch under 200 bucks with this option, I actually like that its quartz, also looks to have nice size to it, I do think it will be my next watch purchase.

·
Registered
797 Posts
That Atlas is a nice, simple watch. Very cool!

I have been eyeing their Aquamatic for some time now. Haven't made up my mind yet.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
I like Canada. Some of our most memorable vacations have been spent in Canadian soil, including our recent trip to Alaska that included a 2 night stay in Vancouver, BC. That has to be my favorite major city in Canada after Toronto.

The first time we went to Vancouver was in early 2005. From there we did a long roadtrip to Alberta and reached the towns of Jasper and Banff in the Canadian Rockies. Those places have to have the most beautiful natural scenery on planet earth. We also drove the Icefields Parkway, one of the highest roads in North America.

Living in Florida is funny that I have experienced most of Western Canada than the eastern provinces. I have only been to Toronto and Niagara Falls in Ontario but have not yet been to Quebec or the Atlantic provinces.

I would also love to see the praires (Saskatchewan and Manitoba) some day.

As an American married to another American, we both love Canada and love the hospitality and good times that your people have always shown and provided to us.

God Bless your beautiful country.

Well south of the 49th parallel.

PS: Canadian watches eh? Interesting!

·
Registered
452 Posts
As an American married to another American, we both love Canada and love the hospitality and good times that your people have always shown and provided to us.

Good Bless your beautiful country
Much appreciated! We do love yours as well :) I actually lived in Maine for 2 years and loved it :-!

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
i didn't know the st moritz atlas before this thread...... sorry......
it's the first time i see a watch and after 1 hour i bought it......
great find for me.....i like a lot the look.......i like the titanium case.....
it has screw down crown and screw back case.........what i'm searching for.......
very good lume.......... i've read somewhere that it glows like a torch........
it's lightweight but with good shape and good dimension of the dial........
:-!:-!:-!
many many thanks to Grunchy
now........
i would like to tell you that the watch uses a number 364 battery on the inside.....
i hope it helps......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts