1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I recently got a 'Strap Culture' strap.......this one

http://www.strapculture.com/legendmp/sclg-m873.html

This strap is excellent quality, a real mans strap. Thick!! solid and with an excellent buckle. I hate the Panerai style buckle and there are not that many 24mm straps around without it. This one came with a right heft of a buckle that compliments the strap wonderfully, and with an excellent shape too.

One thing worth noting is size, i have an 8" wrist and this strap fits perfectly on the very last hole. Any one with a bigger wrist will need a longer strap or a leather hole punch.

My LM1-LE is now looking perfect. Get one of these straps, they are superb.

Carl

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just got my first two in today's post. I simply CANNOT state how nice these are. Pictures taken, will post soon.
EVERYTHING about these products is superb. The quality of the leather, the workmanship, the presentation--nice pouch with individual card. I'm not easily STUNNED, but these are stunning straps.
One problem--now that the big buckles are on the watches, how do I get the darn things back on my winder?
DEAC

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have a few Strap Culture straps, including a Legend series. Very nice quality and excellent customer service. I would also recommend them to anyone looking for a quality leather strap.

Best, Mike W.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just got my first two in today's post. I simply CANNOT state how nice these are. Pictures taken, will post soon.
EVERYTHING about these products is superb. The quality of the leather, the workmanship, the presentation--nice pouch with individual card. I'm not easily STUNNED, but these are stunning straps.
One problem--now that the big buckles are on the watches, how do I get the darn things back on my winder?
DEAC
How comfortable are the Panerai style buckles?

I'm right on the verge of ordering a SC strap for my ENZO Mechana. I've never worn a Panny style buckle though, they look horribly uncomfortable. Can you (or someone) share the comfort level? The flat ones looks worst, however I do like the LOOK of the pirate SC curve buckle.

My watch:

The strap I plan to buy (this photo is owned by SC):

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think you will have a problem with the comfort of the buckle. When wearing the strap due to its thickness the buckle is pushed away from the wrist anyway so the only part that touches your wrist is where it pivots on the end of the strap.

These are thick straps and big buckles....mmmmmmm nice......so if you use a computer and mouse be prepared for constant clonking on the desk of the buckle! Not an issue for me as the only time i touch a computer is on these forums on my wifes laptop.

So in the comfort stakes, there will be no difference whichever buckle you have.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Here are some of mine..

Vintage Series on a Bathys

Legend Series on LM-1 LE (with thumbnail buckle)

Same Legend series on LM-3

One more of the same

LM-3 on an Enzo strap

Strap Culture Double Hatchet Series on LM-3

Same as above showing how substantial the strap is!

Just to give you some ideas, Mike W.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Some nice picture there, can you tell me the colour of the Double Hatchet strap?? Looks brilliant!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I think the Double Hatchet is the semi-brown calf with matching stitching. It's a pretty serious chunk of leather but is actually very comfortable.

Best, Mike W.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts