WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 7yr old son recently received his exam results and he came in 10th in a total of 250 students. Pretty decent I would say. He deserves a reward not just for the results but for the effort that he put in before the exams.

So I asked him what he wanted as a reward, expecting him to ask for some new games for his PSP but to my surprise he answered "G-SHOCK!!!!" :-d

I had no problems with that and brought him to my regular G shop. He picked out a few, put it on his wrist himself and made alot of comments (I detect a future WIS in him) before finally deciding on a DW-6900CB-2.

Here's his reward that he hand picked himself.

He adds the watch to his existing white DW-6900CS-7D.

And while he was doing his thing, I spotted a watch that I had on my wish list for some time now but was not available in Malaysia.

I almost got the Orange dial version about a month back from an online retailer in the UK but the online order form didn't cater for shipping to Malaysia and my order didn't go through. Email communication was slow between us and the watch eventually sold out before I manage to pay for it. In a way it was probably a good thing as I preferred the Blue dial version. And since the non atomic version was launched locally, the price was much cheaper as well.

Here's the G-1200BD-1ADR Sky Cockpit, the non atomic version of the GW3000BD-1A.

Really like the dial on this one.

Can understand why it's called the Sky Cockpit. Look at that dial. Don't know if I should wear it or fly it. :-d

Comes with a black (PVD?) stainless metal band which I think is a good choice as it's more resistant to desk diving scratches.

Big polished buttons. Would've been cool to have black buttons but no complaints. Also the glass is slightly domed but clarity is still quite clear.

The watch is big as seen here next to my MIRB Frog.

I don't have a lume shot and although the Neo-Brite Lume on the hands and markers are not as bright as those found on say a Seiko, they do perform a decent enough job.

All in all, I absolutely love this watch. I rotate my watches on a daily basis and this has gotten some wrist time every single day since I got it. I like it so much that I'm tempted to pick up the orange resin band one as well. That's another stunner.

If you've been interested in getting this one and have been holding back, I can't recommend this watch enough. Stock photos do not do justice to the watch. You really have to see it in the flesh.

Thanks for viewing.

Cheers!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Re: A reward for my son, a little something for myself (DW-6900CB-2 & G-1200BD Sky Cockpit

So you used the whole situation to buy a new G for yourself?:-d
Love your son`s taste, I considering to buy this soon(DW-6900cb-2)
Congratulations both father and son with newcomers.

Thanks for sharing and killer picz
:-!:thanks

PS: Congratulate your son with top marks from us |>

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Re: A reward for my son, a little something for myself (DW-6900CB-2 & G-1200BD Sky Cockpit

PSP but to my surprise he answered "G-SHOCK!!!!" :-d

You've infected him!:-d:-d:-d

He'll never be normal again.:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
517 Posts

Anyway to get a wrist shot of the 6900 on your sons arm? Mine is about the same age and I wondered how it would be on him....

David

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

:-! Congrats to the both of you! Looks like your son has WIS genes indeed :)
Waiting till the day when he joins watchuseek. :)

So you used the whole situation to buy a new G for yourself?:-d
Love your son`s taste, I considering to buy this soon(DW-6900cb-2)
Congratulations both father and son with newcomers.

Thanks for sharing and killer picz
:-!:thanks

PS: Congratulate your son with top marks from us |>
LOL. U saw thru me. :)
The DW6900 Crazy colors are indeed a very cool range of Gs. Can't go wrong with one.

Nice G's !!!:-!
Thanks!

Hope you're saving for college, because it looks like you are going to need it.
LOL. Guess I'll have to stop collecting watches from now on.

Your son has good taste. :)
You should have added, just like the father. :-d

PSP but to my surprise he answered "G-SHOCK!!!!" :-d
You've infected him!:-d:-d:-d
He'll never be normal again.:-d:-d:-d
Well since I discovered the forum, I've never been normal as well. :-d

Anyway to get a wrist shot of the 6900 on your sons arm? Mine is about the same age and I wondered how it would be on him....

David
Sure, will get a wrist shot when he comes back from school. It's too big for him I feel but he doesn't care.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

David
Wrist shots as requested. It's big but he doesn't care. He seems to like it big. :-d

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
956 Posts

My 7yr old son recently received his exam results and he came in 10th in a total of 250 students. Pretty decent I would say. He deserves a reward not just for the results but for the effort that he put in before the exams.

So I asked him what he wanted as a reward, expecting him to ask for some new games for his PSP but to my surprise he answered "G-SHOCK!!!!" :-d

I had no problems with that and brought him to my regular G shop. He picked out a few, put it on his wrist himself and made alot of comments (I detect a future WIS in him) before finally deciding on a DW-6900CB-2.

Here's his reward that he hand picked himself.

He adds the watch to his existing white DW-6900CS-7D.

And while he was doing his thing, I spotted a watch that I had on my wish list for some time now but was not available in Malaysia.

I almost got the Orange dial version about a month back from an online retailer in the UK but the online order form didn't cater for shipping to Malaysia and my order didn't go through. Email communication was slow between us and the watch eventually sold out before I manage to pay for it. In a way it was probably a good thing as I preferred the Blue dial version. And since the non atomic version was launched locally, the price was much cheaper as well.

Here's the G-1200BD-1ADR Sky Cockpit, the non atomic version of the GW3000BD-1A.

Really like the dial on this one.

Can understand why it's called the Sky Cockpit. Look at that dial. Don't know if I should wear it or fly it. :-d

Comes with a black (PVD?) stainless metal band which I think is a good choice as it's more resistant to desk diving scratches.

Big polished buttons. Would've been cool to have black buttons but no complaints. Also the glass is slightly domed but clarity is still quite clear.

The watch is big as seen here next to my MIRB Frog.

I don't have a lume shot and although the Neo-Brite Lume on the hands and markers are not as bright as those found on say a Seiko, they do perform a decent enough job.

All in all, I absolutely love this watch. I rotate my watches on a daily basis and this has gotten some wrist time every single day since I got it. I like it so much that I'm tempted to pick up the orange resin band one as well. That's another stunner.

If you've been interested in getting this one and have been holding back, I can't recommend this watch enough. Stock photos do not do justice to the watch. You really have to see it in the flesh.

Thanks for viewing.

Cheers!
Hi adrianlee,

Congrat, with the new G-1200BD. For the resin model, you may surf at Ebay Malaysia.

eBay.com.my: CASIO GSHOCK G-1200B-1 GRAVITY DEFIER SOLAR WATCH G1200 (item 120584045096 end time Aug 15, 2010 00:14:25 MYT)

This seller is one of the highly reputable genuine G's seller. Some of my G's is bought from him.

I plan to buy this coming November or December...

Fyi, that's DW-6900CB-2 look awesome! :-!:-!:-!:-!

cheers,

yschow

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi there,

first post for me on here.

Just wanted to say that the G-1200BD is very nice watch indeed.
Was initially looking for shots of the one with the orange dial.. but if it's not too much to ask for, how about some wrist shots? Just curious how big it is.

Regarding the atomic thingy I'm too "untutored" to know what that thing does (how to read some more ;-) .)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Hi there,

first post for me on here.

Just wanted to say that the G-1200BD is very nice watch indeed.
Was initially looking for shots of the one with the orange dial.. but if it's not too much to ask for, how about some wrist shots? Just curious how big it is.

Regarding the atomic thingy I'm too "untutored" to know what that thing does (how to read some more ;-) .)
Hi Joakim,

Here's a quick wrist shot. My wrist is about 7.5".

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)

Hi adrianlee,

Congrat, with the new G-1200BD. For the resin model, you may surf at Ebay Malaysia.

eBay.com.my: CASIO GSHOCK G-1200B-1 GRAVITY DEFIER SOLAR WATCH G1200 (item 120584045096 end time Aug 15, 2010 00:14:25 MYT)

This seller is one of the highly reputable genuine G's seller. Some of my G's is bought from him.

I plan to buy this coming November or December...

Fyi, that's DW-6900CB-2 look awesome! :-!:-!:-!:-!

cheers,

yschow
Yes, I've seen his listing on eBay. His prices are a little high compared to my regular G shop but still ok considering u don't have to get stuck in the jam, look for parking.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.