WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been an Omega guy for years. You might of gathered that by my user name. Plenty of PO’s etc and before that Tags. Always liked divers. So I have been off and on WUS for years as well. So a couple of years ago I make a PO purchase at my local Omega AD. Nice bunch. But cruising around on the web, I notice it’s 1500+ less. This makes me mad and I talk to the manager a bit but he is not happy about it either. So that’s life.

I make up my mind to find a watch that keeps (adds, maintains, etc) it’s value. And is a grail type “I really love that” type watch. No point having an “investment “that sucks to wear. No 5500 at AD and 3500 at Jomashop. That leads me to looking at other respected brands. That leads me back to WUS. That leads me to Sporty and all you guys that helped me make a great choice on an Explorer. Also a good choice on a great dealer - DavidSW.

I originally tried my best to like my AD. He had an Explorer and AK (which was my first choice for a while) and some OPs etc. All looked good. Believe it or not, for a neophyte like me, opinions on this forum matter and/or affect decisions. I went for the Explorer. “Best all around watch” etc etc.

Right out of the box it felt small (remember I came from 43mm POs etc) and unbelievably light. Also wearing it for a few months, easily the most comfortable watch I have ever worn. I loved it. However, I really love divers. Now the best choice is to keep them both; I can’t justify that so back to David with “upgrade” proposal. The deal went very well. (And it seemed like David was unbelievably busy, kudos to him and Dan)

So I was told via forum members (and this really had me concerned) that the 114060 wears “big”. I was hoping that “big” did not equate to “too large” or heavy. Maybe a 5 digit would be better. Well, without finding either to try on, I ordered. Right out of the box the watch did not seem “big” but did have considerable heft. It feels like a tank. I cruised down to my local jeweler and had it fitted. (Two links removed) I have a couple spots left to tighten the bracelet but quite a few to loosen (I’m gonna love this easy-glide- I can just tell).

Since I don’t have the Explorer still to compare, all I can tell is this is the or one of the most comfortable watches I have ever worn. Any “heft” disappeared when I put it on after a proper fitting. Looks bad ass, feels like a tank and yeah, those lugs are monsters but I’m ok with that. I don't think it wears big at all (thank God) so I'm really happy with the purchase. Will it fly under the radar like the Explorer? We will see. My bleeping family did not even notice the Explorer. Only one person knew I had gotten it (my Daughter). I am a firm believer now that nobody really notices except real watch guys.... This was a great choice. Let’s see how we do at work and weekends.. I still like Omega.(i.e. Speedy DSOTM) This is just a different beast entirely and I’m smitten by it. It will be my GADA everyday baby.

Thanks to all the members who chimed in or may chime in or even read this whole post. lol.....

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Congratulations, Michael. She's a beauty. Other than two concerts (weird parts of town), I've had the Sub on my wrist for six consecutive weeks. The more you wear it, the more you'll love it. Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Congrats mate, the Sub looks great. I too went from an Explorer 39mm to a SubC. Both are true GADA watches.
Wear in good health.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both.

Much appreciated Mr. "Eisenhammer".

ck13- I was actually going to try and reach out to others who made the same switch to get their impressions but was not sure how (other than probably a repetitive thread) However with just a day under my belt I know all is well. No issues with size and the Explorer and Sub are different enough it's not like I miss any feature. In fact the bracelet is a great step in the right direction. Since this will be my go to watch the GADA aspect is paramount. I think it will do well in work gear. Business casual mostly i.e. jeans and Polo type. Perfect I think.... But usually is during the "honeymoon" lol.

·
Registered
182 Posts
So I have been an Omega guy for years. You might of gathered that by my user name. Plenty of PO’s etc and before that Tags. Always liked divers. So I have been off and on WUS for years as well. So a couple of years ago I make a PO purchase at my local Omega AD. Nice bunch. But cruising around on the web, I notice it’s 1500+ less. This makes me mad and I talk to the manager a bit but he is not happy about it either. So that’s life.

I make up my mind to find a watch that keeps (adds, maintains, etc) it’s value. And is a grail type “I really love that” type watch. No point having an “investment “that sucks to wear. No 5500 at AD and 3500 at Jomashop. That leads me to looking at other respected brands. That leads me back to WUS. That leads me to Sporty and all you guys that helped me make a great choice on an Explorer. Also a good choice on a great dealer - DavidSW.

I originally tried my best to like my AD. He had an Explorer and AK (which was my first choice for a while) and some OPs etc. All looked good. Believe it or not, for a neophyte like me, opinions on this forum matter and/or affect decisions. I went for the Explorer. “Best all around watch” etc etc.

Right out of the box it felt small (remember I came from 43mm POs etc) and unbelievably light. Also wearing it for a few months, easily the most comfortable watch I have ever worn. I loved it. However, I really love divers. Now the best choice is to keep them both; I can’t justify that so back to David with “upgrade” proposal. The deal went very well. (And it seemed like David was unbelievably busy, kudos to him and Dan)

So I was told via forum members (and this really had me concerned) that the 114060 wears “big”. I was hoping that “big” did not equate to “too large” or heavy. Maybe a 5 digit would be better. Well, without finding either to try on, I ordered. Right out of the box the watch did not seem “big” but did have considerable heft. It feels like a tank. I cruised down to my local jeweler and had it fitted. (Two links removed) I have a couple spots left to tighten the bracelet but quite a few to loosen (I’m gonna love this easy-glide- I can just tell).

Since I don’t have the Explorer still to compare, all I can tell is this is the or one of the most comfortable watches I have ever worn. Any “heft” disappeared when I put it on after a proper fitting. Looks bad ass, feels like a tank and yeah, those lugs are monsters but I’m ok with that. I don't think it wears big at all (thank God) so I'm really happy with the purchase. Will it fly under the radar like the Explorer? We will see. My bleeping family did not even notice the Explorer. Only one person knew I had gotten it (my Daughter). I am a firm believer now that nobody really notices except real watch guys.... This was a great choice. Let’s see how we do at work and weekends.. I still like Omega.(i.e. Speedy DSOTM) This is just a different beast entirely and I’m smitten by it. It will be my GADA everyday baby.

Thanks to all the members who chimed in or may chime in or even read this whole post. lol.....

Michael
nice Rolexs :DD
hope u enjoy it :)

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Redmi Note 2 發送

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
So how does it compare with your PO?

I also have 114060 and tried on a PO, PO was just way too thick, although it's finishes were nice.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So how does it compare with your PO?

I also have 114060 and tried on a PO, PO was just way too thick, although it's finishes were nice.
Exactly. The PO is a great watch but is not near as comfortable and much thicker. In pictures the PO looks outstanding, and trying it on is "Ok". But if you have an Explorer (or sub) right there to compare to, it is not even close. There are many POs though so maybe some fit better than others in all fairness. I wore 300s and 600s for quite a while and certainly did not suffer. I think if I were to add an Omega at this point, it would be a Speedy. Think I'm done with POs and don't need anything else that even resembles a diver. Aqua terra, OP39 etc etc. Plenty of choices I guess. But really the Rolex and my good old HAQ Certina is great for now. In fact the only real compliments I have gotten were not on my Rolex (new owner of course) or my POs. It's been on the 500 dollar Certina...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts