WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have Rolex 1500 date with a 1570 movement I have small 6,5" wrist and the date as most of you know is 34mm. So is it considered Ok or a no no for a man to wear a ref 1500 or is it considered to small . I love how light it is and with it's smooth bezel oyster bracelet and white stick dial and silver date dial with open 6 and 9's it really is a great under the radar Rolex.

David

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
I personally think it is refreshing to see that someone is wearing a more appropriately sized watch for their wrist circumference (IMHO) vs wearing something that pushes the limits where if it was any bigger, it would look clownish on their wrist. JMHO of course. 34mm is a respectable size for a man with smaller wrists IMHO. pictures please. :-!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I also have a small wrist so wearing a watch in this size should look ok.
I found out that best for me is 39/40mm. Bigger watches often look too blocky on the wrist.

Hi I have Rolex 1500 date with a 1570 movement I have small 6,5" wrist and the date as most of you know is 34mm. So is it considered Ok or a no no for a man to wear a ref 1500 or is it considered to small . I love how light it is and with it's smooth bezel oyster bracelet and white stick dial and silver date dial with open 6 and 9's it really is a great under the radar Rolex.

David

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A quick picture
IMG_5217.jpg

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
That looks absolutely great on your wrist. :-!

Personally I think I'd happily wear a 42mm watch one minute and a 34mm the next on my 7" wrist. No problem.

It's all perception anyway and the only eyes it matters too are your own.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
That is one smart-looking watch that is appropriate for your wrist size. Wear it PROUDLY :-!

·
Registered
226 Posts
34mm on a big ole 6.5" wrist, please.....it must be 44mm or bigger for a MAN to wear it. You list a bunch of things you love about the watch and it looks great on you. Put aside your insecurities and wear the watch that YOU like! This is not the type of question I would expect from someone who has been a member here for 8 years and has 505 posts. Being serious with touch of sarcasm.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the input everybody , name is Robert Paulson yes i'm a member for several years and several posts however as seen by my signature most of my watches are 40 -42mm . So the size just feels a little odd still to me.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I own a 34mm Air King and a 34mm vintage Tudor. I have small wrists and think it's a perfect size. Although I also have a Speedmaster and a Rolex Sub which are much bigger. I like the variety in sizes - like you have in your signature line - "depends on my mood".

I also own a "boys Size" Rolex from WW2 - the so-called Canadian Market Rolex. Those at 30mm are indeed probably too small for modern tastes. I wore that a few times to the office and I really could never fully get used to it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I own an Air King as well and I love it despite originally thinking it was too small.

It's versatile and can be worn confidently with a t shirt and jeans or I'll put it on a black gator strap and wear it with a tux (sorry to the folks who think you shouldn't wear a watch with a tux).

I think 34-36 is one of the more versatile sizes on the market. I feel silly wearing a 40mm watch with a suit/tux/dress attire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Looks great on you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts