WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
36,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a Sinn. ;-)

Sinn only marks one side of their straps so I sourced a couple straps from my local Sinn AD and sent both marked ends to a fellow Sinner in New Orleans and kept both unmarked halves for myself. The only mod I had to make was to brush the sandblasted stainless deployant buckle to match the watch. It turned out pretty well and it looks killer on my 300T and Marathon SAR. :-!

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Nice...I was thinking about getting a deplayment clasp for my Doxa rubber...if there is such thing as such a beast!

·
Administrator
36,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thanks guys.

Here's another Q&D to show the fit on the under side:

The band is real comfy and the deployant has a divers extension and is as good as anything Omega puts out. My only beef is it's a dust, lint and dog hair magnet. :-d

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
No way!

I'm going to try a Sinn rubber strap on my 5000T tonight! I'll just have to find a way to fit the fat spring bars in the Sinn strap first. Skinny spring bars slide through the drilled lug holes.

Rob

It's a Sinn. ;-)

Sinn only marks one side of their straps so I sourced a couple straps from my local Sinn AD and sent both marked ends to a fellow Sinner in New Orleans and kept both unmarked halves for myself. The only mod I had to make was to brush the sandblasted stainless deployant buckle to match the watch. It turned out pretty well and it looks killer on my 300T and Marathon SAR. :-!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Good luck with that! Tried it with mine, and there is no way that Sinn strap will go in without some serious trimming. Just not enough space between the lug holes and the case. I would love for it to fit if someone has better luck, and hear how you did it.

·
Administrator
36,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck with that! Tried it with mine, and there is no way that Sinn strap will go in without some serious trimming. Just not enough space between the lug holes and the case. I would love for it to fit if someone has better luck, and hear how you did it.
It is tricky on the Doxas since the Sinn strap is curved on the end and the case is flat between the lugs. I had to really work the strap end to get it pushed in tightly enough against the case (between the lugs) to get the spring bars to fully engage into the lug holes. Also I had to use regular sized spring bars as fat ones tend to get squeezed so tightly within the band that they do not completly expand into the lug holes. It is quite possible the bars are too fat on the 5000T for it to work.

Be patient and good luck!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Will this strap fit the 5000t Rob?
I tried it on my 750T Searambler instead. I got it to fit, with some serious squeezing (22mm into 21mm space) and pushing (to get spring bars to click into place). It fit! . . . but it wasn't pretty.

Unlike the strap on SMSgt Bo's 300T, the strap did not sit flush with the top of the 750T case. It stuck up a couple of millimeters, which really didn't look good at all. "Fat guy in a little coat" was all that came to mind. I quickly removed it. ;-)

I'll try the 5000T tonight, like I should have last night.

Rob

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Okay. Here's the Sinn U-series rubber on my 5000T Sharkie. It's not something that I'm going to try again. Ugh.

Rob

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I just realized that SM SgtBo is using the 20mm Sinn rubber strap, not the 22mm U-series rubber. BIG difference. duh. o|

Rob

·
Administrator
36,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just realized that SM SgtBo is using the 20mm Sinn rubber strap, not the 22mm U-series rubber. BIG difference. duh. o|

Rob
Sorry guys,

I forgot to mention the strap I used was the 20/20mm and is intended for the 1xx, 2xx, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx, 6xx, 756, 856, 22xx, 6xxx, 8xxx, and EZM series watches. The wider 22/22mm band is used on 757, 857, 9xx, 17xx, and all U series watches and is a little too wide for our Doxas. :oops:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks good on the 5000t, but am worried about your description of the process. More so, I'm worried about the durability of the strap...sure the fit is tight, but is it secure?
Thanks Rob,
Jo

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Looks good on the 5000t, but am worried about your description of the process. More so, I'm worried about the durability of the strap...sure the fit is tight, but is it secure?
Thanks Rob,
Jo
That's charitable of you Jo. It really is too big for the 5000T, but I love the look of a black fitted strap on that watch.

Security shouldn't be an issue because the fit is tight. It think that it would be completely secure if I used 22mm fat springbars. Liz (Laughingull) once suggest to me that I try fat springbars for quick strap changes on my 5000T, and I've found that they work perfectly.

Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't understand anything of this. Why would you wear a Sinn-marked strap on your Doxa?:roll:

Doesn't Doxa provide a rubber strap for your model?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts