WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
566 Posts
Battery Lifespan: While the watch is charging, they recommend keeping it on the charger until it's fully charged in order to prolong the battery's lifespan. "NOTE: To ensure longer battery lifetime, only charge when the battery is empty and charge until the battery is completely full. Battery renewal is not part of the warranty." My concern is this: I typically run 1 to 4 hours, 3-5 times per week and I want to review my results after every run. This requires me to connect to the computer all of the time so it'll very rarely get lower than 50% remaining battery power. With this type of battery I thought that it's best to let it fully deplete before charging it but this will never happen. Your thoughts? Does this concern you as well considering the price paid for this beauty? Maybe they'll make this compatible with the Suunto Movestick Mini so that we don't have to charge it all of the time.
I'm a little surprised by this (and was surprised to see it in the manual.) Older battery technologies worked best this way (NiCad, for example), but newer types don't. I haven't seen much info on what chemistry type Suunto's battery's are (especially in the newer watches.) Does anyone know?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.