WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,255 Posts
Re: Grumblings about the Ambit from a RUNNER's perspective.

No need to make excuses, this thread is fully valid and I had plans of starting a similar thread. Perhaps to increase the chance that Suunto reads this thread it would be better to change the thread title to something more pompous like this: "Open Letter To Suunto-Things That needs To be Fixed In The Ambit". Then once this thread is big enough and most concerns have been lifted we should mail Suunto a link to this thread. The special e-mail address that have been dedicated for customers to send in suggestions regarding the Ambit is: [email protected] They might not respond on that mail address but it will be read.

I agree with you on the permanent light function, I think Garmin have such a function for night time use and when used on a bicycle during night time. I also agree on the distance display and ascent display issue.

More functions I would like to be added are:

-GPS Time and date sync
-Storm/Weather Alarm that is connected to the GPS function so that it works even when you are moving vertically. Suunto X10 have such a function.
-Altitude alarm
-Sunset/Sunrise times that work in conjunction with the GPS so that there will be no need to manually specify a nearest city. Suunto X10 does this.
-Altitude Difference Measurer added as a view in the Altimeter. Suunto X10 and Core have this function and it is very handy for measuring a specific hill or ascent without messing with any logs or ruining the general height measurements for the total height over the sea.
-GPS Altitude available as a view in the altimeter
-More then just 1 sec and 60 sec options for the GPS sampling rate. I would like to have the option to set for instance a 5 sec interval. But also a manual mode where the watch only samples manual waypoints.
-Add a simple chronograph as a view in time keeping mode, preferably a 24 hour one but even better with a 1000 hour one.
-Add a 24-1000 hour count down timer settable to the second as a view in time keeping mode. Would be great if a interval timer was also available in an exercise mode.
-Increased sample rate for the barometer. It only samples once every hour compared to once every 30 minutes for the Core and once every 15 minutes for X10. This means that fast approaching weather trends will not be detected as fast as with a Core or X10. I would like it to be at least once every 30 minutes like the Core.

This is it for now, I will probably come up with more things later on...

· Registered
6,255 Posts
Re: Grumblings about the Ambit from a RUNNER's perspective.

And espresso machine... Im still waiting for that feature.

Come on, think about it... you find a nice little clearing while on a hike... Sit down and punch up your favorite hot beverage... and WHAMO...

Wouldnt that be nice? Come on Suunto... get with the program and make a watch thats REALLY useful!
My favorite beverage while on a hike would be a nice cup of hot chocolate coupled with a pair of cheese sandwiches and a couple of boiled eggs! :-d:)

I do not like coffee so no espresso machine in the watch for me!:)

Perhaps if it where a function you could deselect on Movescount it would be a good addition!

Speaking of food, a count down timer is excellent to keep track of boiling times when boiling eggs. Another reason why a count down timer should be added to the Ambit!:-!:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.