WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to spend the Christmas holiday in the place where I spent my teenage years: the Principality of Monaco. While there, the weather was marvellous, and I took a few wrist shots of the watch that made the trip with me...

Not bad for a 23rd of December! :)

·
6,880 Posts
Very cool shots!
I woud like to see some more pics of Monaco! That place looks gorgeous.

Ive been wearing my SAR-D since I recieved it for Christmas. Great watch!

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Great pics Pascal :-! . That one is on my grail list for sure.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
It's a beautiful part of the World that's for sure, cool pics too.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
It's a beautiful part of the World that's for sure, cool pics too.
I have enjoyed a couple of visits to Monaco, and it is indeed a beautiful part of the world. Walking the F1 Grand Prix circuit is a real eye-opener. When you see the tunnel you cannot believe that anyone could/would drive it at 170MPH. Simply astounding.

Great pics, Pascal. Makes me want to visit again.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I just bought a SAR too and have yet to put on the beautiful SS bracelet. However, as i am new to watches, let alone automatic watches, I have a question regarding the automatic SAR. I have learned that automatic watches wind themselves, therefore requiring no battery. I noticed when i first got in the the mail from CountyCOmm, When i shake my watch, i hear some sort of rotation or sliding noise, is this normal? I can best describe it as something spinning then bouncing a few times against something until it comes to a stop. I hope there is nothing wrong with my SAR, i have only had it for about 2 weeks. Sorry if i am asking a stupid question.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I just bought a SAR too and have yet to put on the beautiful SS bracelet. However, as i am new to watches, let alone automatic watches, I have a question regarding the automatic SAR. I have learned that automatic watches wind themselves, therefore requiring no battery. I noticed when i first got in the the mail from CountyCOmm, When i shake my watch, i hear some sort of rotation or sliding noise, is this normal? I can best describe it as something spinning then bouncing a few times against something until it comes to a stop. I hope there is nothing wrong with my SAR, i have only had it for about 2 weeks. Sorry if i am asking a stupid question.
Very non-technical reply:

Auto watches are wound by the energy from wrist/hand/arm movements, transfered through the rotor in the watch movement. Hold the watch to your ear and give it a gentle shake through 180 degrees; the sound you hear is the rotor in the watch moving freely, as it should. Some are louder than others. In my old Seiko auto it sounded like some mechanical contraption clanking away - in my Rolex it is barely more than a whisper. Hope this helps. Oh, and welcome to the Dive Forum.:)

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Very non-technical reply:

Auto watches are wound by the energy from wrist/hand/arm movements, transfered through the rotor in the watch movement. Hold the watch to your ear and give it a gentle shake through 180 degrees; the sound you hear is the rotor in the watch moving freely, as it should. Some are louder than others. In my old Seiko auto it sounded like some mechanical contraption clanking away - in my Rolex it is barely more than a whisper. Hope this helps. Oh, and welcome to the Dive Forum.:)
Well put Martin!!!!! |>

Welcome to the Dive Forum Roc-A-Fella_1!!!!! |>

Stephen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the informative and responsive replies. Also, thanks for the heart-felt welcome. Truth be told, I am a younger watch enthusiast. I used to wear watches solely for time, however, the watch bug has bit me and I am now addicted to watches. I enjoy my new SAR and am truly relieved that the rotor noise was simply a rotor noise. As i have mentioned, i have not put on the stainless steel bracelet and am highly skeptical of my own ablities to put it on and adjust it. I presume it is then recommended that I take my SAR to a watch repair shop to have the bracelet put on and fitted to my wrist. :thanks again for the replies and welcome.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome aboard, Roc-A-Fella_1! :)

The SAR is a great watch to be introduced to the world of mechanical timepieces. I currently own more than 40 watches, and wear all of them, but my SAR seems to have an unusual ability to find its way to my wrist more often than many others...

I hope you'll post some pictures of your example. :-!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts