WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It arrived today - a beautiful 1GChZ pocket watch from 1936/7 (guessing from the dedication on the back of Mark Gordon's twin piece), in a scarcer case version with a scarce dial in fine condition. It's a shame someone, repairing the watch, removed the original balance cock (this one is most likely ZCzZ), otherwise the watch is just fantastic!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, your is a bit newer than mine, from 1939 (3-9). However 1GChZ started applying dates on their movements in 1937, so mine is most likely from before that period. Also there is no NKM or NKOM above the logo, so it's slightly older :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Well, your is a bit newer than mine, from 1939 (3-9). However 1GChZ started applying dates on their movements in 1937, so mine is most likely from before that period. Also there is no NKM or NKOM above the logo, so it's slightly older :)
Thank you for sharing those dating criterion, I didn't know. :roll:
Do you know what NKM or NKOM mean?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Thank you for sharing those dating criterion, I didn't know. :roll:
Do you know what NKM or NKOM mean?
I can't find it - it was somewhere on WUS, as far as I remember, but I can't find it...
HKM
The 'HKM' at the top of the factory signature on the movement is an abbreviation for 'Commissariat for Engineering'.
HKOM
HKOM - People Commissariat for General Machine Building, used from the last quarter of 1940 onwards. Not very common. Usually only with 7 stones. Could be a test effort.
from these threads:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/kirova-single-pusher-chronograph-type-1-help-much-appreciated-27200.html#post150668
https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/type-1-original-just-another-frankenwatch-123066.html#post785185

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.