WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking through Times International, the Shang-Hai page, which is here:

SHANGHAI

and saw this:

ShangHaiCapture.JPG
shang hai.JPG
shang hai 2.JPG
shang hai3.JPG

Now I know it's not an exact replica, but you've got to admit, the common elements are hard to call a coincidence. . .

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Times International works with the forum do they not? Pardon me if I'm ignorant, but I did see that there were a couple of co-designed watches, the 1963 and the Chinese Military watch that I believe have co-designs with forum collaborations. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that I haven't read every thread and am not accusing anybody of anything untowards. I think they've got a solid, sexy looking watch there, and it's awesome that it looks so much like the Emperor project! They both look great, I think the Emperor is a bit better though, and I can't wait to get mine! I guess for those members who missed out, there will be an alternative in at least one colorway

·
Registered
204 Posts
Rest easy — this design predates the Emperor :) My guess is that they're both drawing from the skin divers of the 60s, like the Technos Sky Diver. It is interesting though that our crowdsourced watch ended up so similar...

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,209 Posts
I've had this one for years:

There is no doubt that this 'vintage diver' style is trending strongly at the moment. Mine is a straight reissue of the 1960s military-issued Type 114, but the new model from Shanghai is a little bigger in line with current fashions.

The Emperor takes it to another level or two through the attention to detail, premium materials and of course the whole creative experience that the forum participated in.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks great, what size is yours (case dia)? The reissue at Times Int is 38.5 right?
I've had this one for years:

There is no doubt that this 'vintage diver' style is trending strongly at the moment. Mine is a straight reissue of the 1960s military-issued Type 114, but the new model from Shanghai is a little bigger in line with current fashions.

The Emperor takes it to another level or two through the attention to detail, premium materials and of course the whole creative experience that the forum participated in.
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,209 Posts
Oh, my mistake. Mine is also that size. I thought the new version had changed to a bigger case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts