WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I had the absolute (dis)pleasure of picking up two packages from the post. One was, of course, my beautiful blue Orient Star.

The second package was a bird of an altogether different feather. I ordered it the first week of February and it had the decency to show up before we got to April (though only just). I can confidently say I have never owned another watch even remotely like it.

I would like to raise my glass to the humble Vostok Komandirskie, in all of its slightly flawed and cheaply made glory. Those Russians make one hell of a watch. I absolutely love it.

A second raising of the glass to my wonderful wife, who had the patience to change the date from the 3rd to the 29th when we picked it up from the post office.

Just look at the dial on this thing!

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Hi Drew,

Does that thing have the poor man's date short cut? You "rock it" between 11pm and 1am so that the date clicks by that bit faster. I think (am I confused as usual?) that it works on me 1967 which is from the same watch foundry.

My schoolboy Timex does *not* have that, as I proved the other week. If you reverse it back over the midnight, the bloody thing clicks back a day.

I'd like to blame the Americans for that, but sadly the damn thing was made in Scotland from girders. And twisted bits of tin foil. So it's the fault of Scotland.

Ric

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ric,

It does indeed have that short cut. But I'm absolute rubbish at explaining things so my wife just decided to do it the old fashioned way (though I told her she could ignore it. All the good ones are a bit stubborn). I would have demonstrated but I was driving to the second post office at the time...

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Good thinking, that shoud keep her busy for a while.. :-d
Dirskie is nice, congrats!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Muhahahahaha. Another WIS soon to be spoiled by the absolute perfect concept of the two o'clock crown. Nice watch, wear it in good health and all those cliches!

·
Premium Member
40,909 Posts
It sure is interesting. Not sure I could pull it off though.

Russian watches do seem to have a lot of character.

Enjoy it

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
You did say you wanted character :p Its got character all right hehe...enjoy...

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Man is that ugly......and absolutely awesome. I've never seen one like that. Did you get it from Zenitar?

·
Registered
393 Posts
A face only a mother could love (but I dig it)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Komandirskie #2 isn't it Drew?? Before you know it, you will have half a dozen. You HAVE to have all the different cases, different dials, change bezels..........I could go on and on.

That looks like a great watch. Congrats bud!! Here is a close relative of your watch.....

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Vendor
28,452 Posts
So...shiny...

A star shaped watch! Next they'll be making handle-bar shaped mustaches!

Madness I tell you.

Enjoy.

Reactions: DPflaumer

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is actually Komandirskie dva for Komrad Pflaumer.

I've also got the (semi-rare) block shaped case. I quite like that one as well.

I'm going to at least need a round one to round​ out the bunch (Insert cheesy laugh track here).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts