WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching for a while for a Casio ( or Casio-like ) watch that features a vibration motor for alarms and bluetooth connectivity to vibrate on phone calls. Any other feature like step tracking, heart-rate monitoring I am not really interested in, as it'd reduce the battery life.

Ideally the watch would be a simple classic looking casio with an LCD display (and a light!) and those two features.

The only one I have found so far is the G-SQUAD Step Tracker GBD-100-1ER; but this seems to be an overkill for what I want it for ( the time (duh?) and that vibration ).

Any help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
The GB5600 or GB6900 is probably the closest to what you're looking for

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
+1 for the GBX100.

The vibe alarm has actually worked to wake me up, which is impressive with how bad I am at actually waking up. I haven’t had any of the notifications on on mine (my thoughts are, if I wanted that, I still have an older Apple Watch for fitness stuff, too, but that’s just me) and I pretty much ignore the step tracker and tide charts. The sun up/down is pretty useful, especially this time of year with shortening days. Repeating countdown timer is helpful for things like cooking or timing laundry, the display is very pleasing to look at, and the light button is easy to activate even when your head may not be fully functioning yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
891 Posts
STB-1000 is discontinued, but sometimes shows up on eB&y for less than $100.
That is, strangely enough, the only pic I have of it in normal light - partially dismantled in prep for a GITD mod.

Here's a pic ("borrowed from internet") of the GB-6900.

The only pics I have of this are partially dismantled, again for the GITD mod, and the result of the mod:

That's it, on the right. Sorry for the blurriness of the pics.

Both these watches have STRONG vibe alarms, and unlike the GBX-100, have an hourly alert vibe pulse, or beep. The beep on the STB-1000 is loud, the GB-6900 is weak. I recommend them both!

·
Registered
891 Posts
+1 for the GBX100.

The vibe alarm has actually worked to wake me up... ....Repeating countdown timer ...
Very useful information! In fact, it's been hard to get any information on the strength of the vibe alarm! And a Repeating CDT is something that neither the STB-1000, nor the GB-6900 have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the suggestions!

I am looking into the GBX-100 and it looks good; it definately checks the boxes that I wanted. It does offer more functionalities than I will use, and it is a bit pricier than I was hoping for, but it seems to be out of stock anyway.

I will keep an eye on it. Again, thanks for your time :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
the eff? you want a woman that can cook and bear children but be quiet all day and doesn't like shopping?

this thread makes me angry

lolz

·
Registered
285 Posts
Very useful information! In fact, it's been hard to get any information on the strength of the vibe alarm! And a Repeating CDT is something that neither the STB-1000, nor the GB-6900 have.
It could be subjective, and vary depending how tight you keep it but I would say its strength is on par with my apple watch series 3, probably on the stronger side. Repeating CDT is something I didn't even know I wanted until I had it.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

I am looking into the GBX-100 and it looks good; it definately checks the boxes that I wanted. It does offer more functionalities than I will use, and it is a bit pricier than I was hoping for, but it seems to be out of stock anyway.

I will keep an eye on it. Again, thanks for your time :)
Might want to check Macy's or Reeds Jewelers. Macy's was also running 25% off for a bit, which I'm sure would help if they still are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts