WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,505 Posts
There was no wait list and so I bought one. It was a bit of a middle finger up to Rolex for their nasty bullying.

Clock Quartz clock Font Material property Measuring instrument

My kids love it, I put it in their playroom.

· Registered
2,505 Posts
I ordered one as well. I had an AA-battery powered clock in the kitchen for convenience and it's dying so I'll replace it with this one. Bought it off Amazon. Certainly all of my average, reasonably well informed friends will see it and be impressed that I have a genuine Rolex plastic clock in my kitchen.

You know, I don't blame Rolex for defending their trademark. I hold a couple U.S. patents with a couple more pending - so I "get" intellectual property. But I think there are certainly less obnoxious ways they could have gone about it. Also their statement that the average, reasonably well informed consumer would likely call the Rolex line of watches to mind when looking at the Oyster & Pop logo is so preposterous that they should be charged with perjury should they ever dare to utter it under oath.
We’re on the same page! It’s not so much the ‘what’, rather the ‘how’ that leaves a bad taste.

· Registered
2,505 Posts
How loudly does it tick? I'd be interested if it's reasonably quiet.
It sweeps, so there’s no annoying ticking at all. That was a big winner.

· Registered
2,505 Posts
This was discussed ad nauseum on the Rolex Forums.
I’m sure the glitterati over on TRF were apoplectic at the thought some upstart would use their word!

· Registered
2,505 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: cykrops

· Registered
2,505 Posts
Just a bit of a middle finger? Not confident to go all the way up? And don’t you Brits double finger? Longbow archers and all?
We cater to our audience!

· Registered
2,505 Posts
Reactions: cykrops

· Registered
2,505 Posts
Would be better if you were true to yourself. I actually prefer the British double finger version. More of a visual impact.
To be fair that’s not a British thing. It’s an English thing. I’m not English.

Reactions: Msiekierski
1 - 8 of 8 Posts