WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13,388 Posts
This is outrageous! let's all sell our Rolexes in sign of protest, let's dump them for 1/2 MSRP and burst the bubble inflated by fake scarcity and corporate tyranny, let's end up the bullying of the weak by the heartless manufacturers of overpriced ego boosters and fake status symbols! Send me your watches, I not only vow to pay you 1/2 MSRP, I pledge to resell them for 1/4 MSRP and bring down the Crown once for all. PM me, I'll arrange the pick up of the watches at my expenses (don't thank me, it's the least I could do for a noble cause). P.S.: only 6 digit professional models are elligible. No YM2 either.

· Registered
13,388 Posts
Did you name your car company "A1 Quattro" after your hometown?

Oyster & Pop is selling a clever children's learning tool. Rolex is selling overpriced fashion watches to tools. Big difference.
Overpriced to you, but not to the Rolex owners in this forum, and speaking of learning, your parents should have tought you not to insult people that don't agree with you; it's safer to walk around not knowing how to read the time on an analog watch, than insulting random people... just sayin'

· Registered
13,388 Posts
No, it doesn't seem a bit much because there's a huge distinction.
These examples are parts, and references to Rolex trademarked names are in the nominative sense as references. There's nothing illegal about that, nor could Rolex do anything about it. Oyster & Pop are using a trademarked name as a part of their trade name within the same trade. That's what got them in hot water. Rolex is not trying to bully them, but they're forced to do something about it because if they don't, other people making knockoff watches could use the Oyster name and there's nothing Rolex could do about it. This isn't really about Rolex bullying Oyster & Pop. It's about Oyster & Pop putting Rolex in a position where they have to defend the trademark so other entities don't abuse it. I can't make it any clearer than that.
You are a very patient man, I admire you 😉

· Registered
13,388 Posts
Some people use the word "bias" without really understanding what it means...
You are certainly right Archer, you did well correcting @Al.Macrest, even though he used the adjective "biased", not the word "bias", but nevertheless, you should send a letter to those ignorants at Oxford that seem to also not understand the meaning of "biased" (they are not the only ones, but I'll let you expose the others). Keep on the good work Archer, you have my full support (y)
Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel

· Registered
13,388 Posts
Thanks, but I'm not expecting a "Mea Culpa" anytime soon. When I have to fight a battle over the English language, I'm done.
You don't have to fight a battle you already won, it's simply that some people never quit arguing and are willing reinterpret the dictionaries in a desperate hope to mark a winning point. It never ceases to amaze me to what extent people are willing to go to get the illusion that they got the last word, even if it's the wrong one 😂

Edit: see what I mean? look above 😉

· Registered
13,388 Posts
So you believe that Rolex business practices are all fair and good?
Archer, from my perspective, and based on the arguments that I read in this thread, since Rolex is using legal means that any business would use to protect their brand, I consider their business practices fair and good. If on the other hand they did send goons with baseball bats to smash the clocks hanging in every child room, then I would have questioned their business practices.

· Registered
13,388 Posts
No, I’m aware that promotional items are subcontracted. Who makes the official timers for them?
They built the bespoke failsafe analog speed and timing instruments for the Bloodhound SSC, I doubt they need someone to make their official timers.

· Registered
13,388 Posts
Looks like these wonderful clocks are being modded now - pretty cool if you ask me, but using "Rolex rules" this would now be a fake Oyster & Pop... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

View attachment 17203091
You're good Archer, and to think that I doubted your watchmaker's talents... the crown isn't perfectly centered though, but I am sure you'll get it right next time. Keep on the good work (y)

· Registered
13,388 Posts
Thanks, I'm trying to work my way up to Rolex standards...but I need a bit more misalignment in my work to get there though...

Sure helps reinforce the rare handmade nature of these products! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hmmm... I think you should replace your eye glasses Archer... or is it simply butthurt for not being able to get parts for Rolex that is blurring your vision? Whatever it is, you should take it easy, there are plenty of watches you can repair, you don't need Rolex, they don't deserve you anyway 😉

1 - 12 of 12 Posts