WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few weeks ago my Vostok WUS 001 stopped ticking. As you might imagine I was very concerned due to the sentimental value of the watch (first forum watch we delivered), I couldn't find anybody available to check what was the problem until Matte Brace offered to service it.

Here the are the pics of the work he has done:

Wheel Watch Compass Watch Pocket watch Fashion accessory Metal Product Electronic device Technology Electronics Ph meter

The movement had some watre infiltration has I used in the gym (and shower) and I regulate my Vostoks myself, however the problem appeared to be scarce lubrication, the movement according to Matt was almost dry and that wasn't the first time he saw a recent Vostok with this problem.

I was very lucky to find Matt available for this I would like to publicly thank him in front of the board.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Awesome job! It's really great that a fellow member who knows these movements to the detail, is open to help other members with their watches, specially since there are a lot of so called watchmakers refusing to work on Russian movements.

Well done Matt!

I wish I could do the same for the community but being so far from all of you makes it very difficult. A Comradeship star for Matt.

Enviado desde Costa Rica

·
Registered
120 Posts
regert to do not understand why Special editions and projects' watches reliability are usually few step downs the stock items, should be the opposite

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,442 Posts
regert to do not understand why Special editions and projects' watches reliability are usually few step downs the stock items, should be the opposite
Is that really true? I presume you are only speaking of Vostok.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is that really true? I presume you are only speaking of Vostok.
I'm talking about amphibias indeed, vener had any problem myself although seen plenty of posts here and in other forums stating the weak quality control of this units, specially the 1967 edition

·
Registered
742 Posts
It's awesome Matt...

We revived the design...
You revived the unbeatable heart...

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
He is really is a top gent.Had a problem with a vintage feebay Komandirskie crown & of course Matt stepped in to sort it out.A bit special I reckon.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The finish of the parts look pretty good to me, I am surprised to hear there was little lubricant and therefore the movement stopped because it was dry after less than one year, that's true.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts