WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you who do wear the smaller sized baby-Gs but at the same time would like it a bit more hefty, check out the BG-1000. This is not a new model, probably came out around the mid-90s. They may still be found around fleamarts and perhaps the 'bay'.
BG-1000_1.jpg
What's nice about this watch is the solid steel inner case under the resin bezel. When you first pick up the watch in your hands you'll be pleasantly surprised by the heft.
BG-1000a_1.jpg
With the bezel removed one can see instantly the solid s.steel case beneath.
BG-1000b_1.jpg
The view of the back plate, and the Japan H marking on it.
BG-1000c_1.jpg
With the back plate removed one can see again the solid s.steel case, even the 4 plate screws are thicker than the ones used on the regular Baby-Gs.
BG-1000w_1.jpg
The obligatory wrist shot. Seen here it's been re-fitted with a s.steel bracelet taken from a spoilt Casio Futurist. The original resin strap adaptors have been removed to fit the bracelet.
One more thing, for those who don't really like the 'Baby' on the watch, in this instance it's not very obvious as the letters are not painted but 'etched' into the steel.
Lee

·
Registered
317 Posts
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Is it EL? Auto-EL? Or neither?

I guess you could brush the case, if it's stainless steel, to bring it back to life, but it says "Stainless Steel Back", so I don't know if it's base metal. Any idea?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
Is it EL? Auto-EL? Or neither?
I guess you could brush the case, if it's stainless steel, to bring it back to life, but it says "Stainless Steel Back", so I don't know if it's base metal. Any idea?
Hi. It's just the regular EL, button activation, no auto-EL. There's no base-metal, the entire case & backplate are in s. steel.
Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts