WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....

Some of you may have seen my post in the Public Forum about wanting to ask for a new watch for my 25th birthday, a "proper watch" if you will, but not knowing where to start.

I put a lot of thought into the suggestions given by you guys here at WUS, and was really struggling to choose just one watch that encapsulated everything I wanted. I also didn't know what the budget would be on my girlfriend's part.

She'd made a couple of comments about maybe not being able to get me a watch, and I knew money would be tight as I knew her situation, so in the end I stopped looking and decided 'what would be would be', and I would leave it up to her. It wouldn't be fair to keep going on about getting a watch if she weren't able to afford one, and I told her, truthfully, that it wasn't about what she bought me at all, and that I just wanted to spend the day doing something nice with her.

Well, the big day comes around and I've opened my very thoughtful presents and we've been out and taken the dog on a lovely country walk. We had a dinner booked but I wasn't well in the evening - disaster!

Anyway, while I'm sitting there feeling unwell, she disappears, only to re-enter the room with another present! She has a disappointed look on her face and tells me that she was going to give it to me after dinner (the present)

I open it up and my jaw hits the floor. Staring back at me is the blue and brown Breitling box! I'm gobsmacked. I'm thinking, this must be a wind up. I'm going to open it and something's going to fly out and smack me in the face!

I'm shaking with excitement at this point, and I open the box to reveal a brand spanking new Superocean Heritage II!

bwatch.jpg

She explains that she'd sent her parents in to their local jewellers, and been on Facetime with them helping to pick one out!

I feel so honoured to have received this gift. I know that she must have been saving for a long while for this (and she told me that her dad would help and she would pay the outstanding, with a very favourable interest rate). She's taken on board everything I said to her about what I'd like in a watch, and she'd remembered from over 2 years ago that Breitling was my favourite watchmaker. I absolutely broke down in floods of tears (I blame the illness, ahem) and told her that I couldn't be more grateful

Just need to get the bracelet resized now - she had made her best attempt at guessing when she bought the watch, using her dad's wrist as a guide, but it needs one more link out. Speaking of which does anyone know where I can pick up the right size screwdriver? It's a mesh bracelet. I have some that fit, but they seem to be too thick. I need a proper watchmakers' one, I guess.

And before anyone tells me to marry her, believe me, I plan to!!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
One of the best looking watches out there. IMHO the volcano is sooo deep. Now get yourself a croc or calf strap to mix it up. I wear my mesh about 30 percent of the time an any of my SOH’s. Congrats!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the best looking watches out there. IMHO the volcano is sooo deep. Now get yourself a croc or calf strap to mix it up. I wear my mesh about 30 percent of the time an any of my SOH’s. Congrats!
I think Croc would be awesome. Possibly a blue. Tried an orange Nato and I think it looked awesome!

The black is wicked, and (i think) the AR coating makes it look really blue in some lights/at some angles!

Here's a pic showing each of the above

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats!!! That band is definitely the best IMHO.

Reactions: sxmwht

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Great story, gorgeous watch! Congrats! :-!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Very thoughtful and generous of your GF and it sounds like you really appreciate both your partner and the watch. Congratulations mate. Awesome story.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Great back story. Terrific watch, I have the exact same watch. Such a clean design.

On the mesh it has so much presence.

Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

329 Posts
Congratulations amigo!

Wear it in good health!!

·
Premium Member
28,662 Posts
Congratulations! What a heart warming story. Nothing better than a girlfriend (and wife) who listens and takes the effort to plan all this for you. Your girlfriend really loves you and she’s a keeper!!! Enjoy your watch and your lives together

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Congrats on having an awesome significant other with great taste in watches! That piece is beautiful!
Wear in good health sir!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts