WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Darth Tuna off Rakuten. I'd looked at hundreds of pictures and fell in love - found one very cheap, so took the dive.

When it came in, I noticed some major differences from all those Darths I'd seen.

1. The engravings on the caseback were a bit different

2. Spanish day wheel (I thought these were all JDM)

3. Finally, the text on the dial reads "PROFESSIONAL 1000m" like the SBBN011 but the crown is signed like the SBBN013

Is this a franken-tuna that someone spliced together? Could it be a fake? Could anyone with more knowledge please let me know what the hell I have on my hands?

BTW... I've worn it for 5 days straight and really like it.

Excuse the poor photos!

[/URL] IMG_1069 by Little Ripp, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL] IMG_1064 by Little Ripp, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL] IMG_1066 by Little Ripp, on Flickr[/IMG]

:think:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Based on the dial and the dial and the caseback I would say its a 011 with a 013 crown. Regarding the date wheel I have no idea why it didnt come with the kanji day wheel.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mystery solved! Thanks for the detective work and interest guys... I searched everywhere but couldn't find anything! Also, tuna fever has not yet been cured... If I can clear some room for it, I want an SBBN015!

·
Registered
721 Posts
I actually prefer the more minimal/cleaner dial on your version. Congrats and enjoy !

I also just noticed a nice little irony.....You are in Japan and yet you end up with the International version !!!! :-d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.