WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in search of the elusive Oris Great Barrier Reef Ltd Edition for quite some time. Everything about this timepiece appealed to me since the moment I first laid my eyes on it. 47mm, left-handed model, Oris 643 base, ETA 2836-2 25 Jewel automatic movement, unique wave pattern dial design, sapphire crystal, small seconds complication at 4 O'clock position, helium escapement valve, rich blue/orange dial markers, date window 6 O'clock position, heavy 316 L SS brushed/high polished case/bracelet design, tight 120 click coin edged bezel and limited production (1000) pieces produced.
The Oris Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition is an unusual and desirable diver’s watch with a quality mechanical movement and a host of attractive design features. When first released 3-4 years ago, for each watch purchased, Oris made make a donation to the Australian Marine Conservation Society to help fund their work protecting the Great Barrier Reef.
Well...Thanks to fellow Rhode Island Watch Geek RBART (Ron), my search is over!!! I met Ron for coffee one morning while on vacation in Rhode Island a few weeks ago. As fate would have it, I just happened to be on vacation just 10 minutes away from where RBART lived when he responded to my WTB post. So we set up a time to meet, talk watches and of course get my first face-to- face encounter with this incredible timepiece. I new I had to own it the moment I saw it and I can't say enough good things about Ron! Awesome WG, awesome guy! Thank you Ron for the opportunity to now own this grail. Watch came complete with full kit, original boxes, paper work, and collectors key chain. While pictures can’t do her justice, I'm excited to present My Stunner From Down Under...YEAH MATE!!!

Frank - NY

·
Registered
317 Posts
Congrats!

It's a great looking watch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats Frank.....I like your taste....you will love it. Here is mine newly brushed!

gbr brushed.jpg

Reactions: hx_ONG

·
Registered
94 Posts
that's an awesome timepiece, thanks for the photos =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts