WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

left: vintage 16800, center: new Batman, right: new Pelagos.
vintage: easy to adjust for multiple fit. easy to clean. pull out for wet suit extension. an old design that still works.
Batman: hard to adjust for 3 slight changes. one link pull out extension, which is too long for my wrist, and probably too short for a wet suit. hard to take apart to clean. pretty machining of the steel.
Pelagos: easy spring loaded three position adjustment and a second spring loaded wet suit extension. hard to clean with all those springs.
pretty matching of the titanium.
changes were made to satisfy market demands, but, IMHO, the classic clasp is still the best. the modern Tudor is better than the modern Batman.
BTW, I've never heard my classic clasp & bracelet rattle.

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
The rattle is from the links, I've never heard clasps rattling. I think the sub, dssd and Pelagos rule the clasp world right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: avusblue

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I find the classic bracelet very comfortable. However, my wrist is an in-between size between the two micro adjustment holes. One is too snug and the current one is on the loose side. But it is light and functional. I love the slight noise it makes when I put the watch on and take the watch off.
image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I find the classic bracelet very comfortable. However, my wrist is an in-between size between the two micro adjustment holes. One is too snug and the current one is on the loose side. But it is light and functional. I love the slight noise it makes when I put the watch on and take the watch off.
View attachment 3974946 View attachment 3974962
totally agree! Classic bracelet is my favorite as well.

Reactions: jazzbach

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
I own all of the bracelets shown and also including the DSSD, and New Sub (116619), and a folded link 9315. I have to say.......the spring-loaded Pelagos bracelet is a pretty neat system. It self-adjusts to the thickness of your wetsuit when I wore it over my 5mm suit. However, I still prefer to wear a Sub/SD with drilled-through lug holes with a Maratac NATO for the added security, and a really slick fitment over my 5mm.

Without a a doubt my favorite bracelet is a 93160 on my 16600. Super comfy......just like the 93150. Folded link is just a little flimsy for my tastes. SEL and older style clasp is definitely my sweet spot.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I love the glidelock bracelets the best.
So many adjustments it is always comfortable.

I don't mind the weight - sure by vintage standards it weighs a tonne but compared to everything else modern, its certainly not considered heavy.
I like the robustness and quality of the solid links much better than the old. In fact i never wear my 114270 anymore because its too rattly.

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
I've owned five Subs over the past 34 years. Without question, the Glidelock is my favorite clasp. I don't dive in cold waters anymore - if it's too cold for my full-length rash guard, then I stay at the bar - but I like fastening the watch around the gauntlet of my reef glove. The SubC Glidelock is the perfect adjustment for this wearing habit, to wit:

Rolex Sub-C on dive.jpg

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I'm so used to the old style bracelet and clasps on my Sub and GMT II, I've never given the new ones a thought as a reason to want the new bloated versions of these classic Rolex watches.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Why did you compare a non divers watch to 2 diving watches? Shouldn't you switch out the GMT for a submariner or sea dweller?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts