WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this post with a little history. Introduced to G's in early to mid 90's with my first G which was a DW-6600. Wore that one for a few years and killed the batt thanks to that incredibly bright EL backlight, and in my youthful stupidity threw it away. But, that's another story for another time.

Next G after that was a DW-6100, purchased brand new at Sears sometime in the 90's as well. Liked this one even better as it had a thermometer on board as well as sunrise / sunset information, and an old-skool microlight!

That one saw some hard miles as well, and when the batt borked, as before I threw it away. (Insert facepalm here).

Fast forward, re-discovered G's, found this forum and went kind of crazy buying them, especially anything I could get my hands on that started with "DW-". Have about 25 G's now but that's another thread.

I now have 3 DW-6600's and today received my 2nd DW-6100!

The first, purchased for a mere $23 shipped on ebay. It came on a cheap nylon velcro band, but fortunately the seller included the original resin band which was mint.

DSCN4562.jpg DSCN4567.jpg

And today's catch, purchased off ebay recently for about $50. This one is in much better shape. However it was making no sounds / beeps when I received it! I was afraid the spring was missing, so set out to take the case back off when I saw that the case back was on backwards. Removed that and the spring was there. Lubed the gasket and put the case back on correctly, and voila, the sounds now work perfectly b-) b-) b-).

DSCN4557.jpg DSCN4559.jpg

Curiously these 2 watches are the same model, but are sporting different modules. The only difference that I can see is in the day/night display, which shows where you are in the daylight available to you. In the newer one, (module 974), the "night" part is all black, while in the other one that I have (module 1414) the display just marks the borders of the day/night cycle. The night part is not colored in black.

Anyhow sorry for rambling, just excited to talk about one of my favorite models. The Python version is my grail (borrowed pic)
6100_python.jpg

Thanks for looking and sorry for the crappy pics, my digicam is about 6 years old and the size of a small child :-d

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Looks like you're building up a nice classic collection. :-!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts