WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

281 - 300 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
38mm Trilogy/LE Railmaster. It has become my end-all, every day wearer.
The proportions are perfect as there is more metal between the dial and the edges of the case, making it wear like an intermediate size between the 36 and 39mm 2500 versions.
The broad arrow HOUR hand, the SOLID caseback with Railmaster logo, the incredibly accurate A-magnetic movement, the faux patina dial and hands duplicate and satisfy the vintage look of this model, straight lugs, screw bracelet links on a very comfortable bracelet with a durable and adjustable push-button clasp. Sure, it’s not perfect...
Well Daniel for perfection on a Railmaster look no further! (below)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes, a bit more taper on the bracelet would be nice on the RM LE, I agree, but I think the watch would be less balanced in terms of mass distribution as the head is on the heavy side. And yes, it’s 60m WR, yeah, more would be nicer, but it’s fine for daily wear and casual swimming. It’s the watch that finally made me stop collecting and start enjoying...
This is the sentiment I got from it too. It's so simple, yet versatile, so I figured I'd give it another go and start letting my other pieces go instead. But you're right, it's on the heavier side too. I'm going to see how I can get a 19mm Speedmaster bracelet on there somehow just to give it a try.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
The Railmaster is definitely one of those under the radar pieces that I appreciate. Nice writing about all the different types and their impressions. I appreciate the ability to hear about the experience of these pieces without the ability to see them during this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
Beautiful. Kinda regret selling mine. Didn't give it enough time.They've really become a unicorn to find too, not to mention very high pricing. Enjoy that beauty :)

Still Loving mine. 36mm of goodness. Will never sell this one. It needs a trip to the spa though. Anyone serviced theirs recently?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Still Loving mine. 36mm of goodness. Will never sell this one. It needs a trip to the spa though. Anyone serviced theirs recently?
Hi Btreichel87

I took my 2503.52 in for a full Omega service, new bezel & steel bracelet link last March (2019).
The service with 2-year guarantee & several changed parts included was HK$3,150. (US$1 = HK$7.75, so US$406.)

The extra bracelet link was HK$300 & the new bezel was HK$998. (US$38 & US$129 respectively) Ouch! ...& the new bezel looks well on its way to being as beaten-up as the old one just 13 months later)

Took 3 weeks. Service here usually is within 10 days, but my better half & I took my Railmaster in together with her Aqua Terra, & they had to send for bits)

Hope that's useful & that US prices are similar...

Good luck!

DSC04500A.jpg

DSC05211ALL.jpg

'

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hi Btreichel87

I took my 2503.52 in for a full Omega service, new bezel & steel bracelet link last March (2019).
The service with 2-year guarantee & several changed parts included was HK$3,150. (US$1 = HK$7.75, so US$406.)

The extra bracelet link was HK$300 & the new bezel was HK$998. (US$38 & US$129 respectively) Ouch! ...& the new bezel looks well on its way to being as beaten-up as the old one just 13 months later)

Took 3 weeks. Service here usually is within 10 days, but my better half & I took my Railmaster in together with her Aqua Terra, & they had to send for bits)

Hope that's useful & that US prices are similar...

Good luck!

View attachment 15061587

View attachment 15061589

'
Wow. Thanks for the info,. That seems like great pricing. I called an Omega AD in the states and said it would start at $600 and go up from there. . Also I ordered another half link and it was $60. Wonder if pricing in the states is just higher?

Was yours done by Omega or an independent watchmaker?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
By the Omega Boutique in Russell Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.

The one in Queen's Road which I'd always used before (was just about within walking distance of me) closed a couple of years ago, so now only 3 left with service centres on the premesis here in HK, though luckily all within a 1/2 hour's distance.

(The other dozen or so Hong Kong OBs don't have service centres).

US$600? Ouch again! :roll:
Sounds a bit excessive, but OTOH watches seem generally cheaper here (and also in Japan - at least in Kyoto & Tokyo from first-hand experience, can't comment on places further afield) than back in home UK where I'm from, and certainly from what friends in Australia have told me.

Will.

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Beautiful. Kinda regret selling mine. Didn't give it enough time.They've really become a unicorn to find too, not to mention very high pricing. Enjoy that beauty :)
Come on Dan, unicorn is calling your name

Here is mine on Planet Ocean 19 MM bracelet (fit without any mod required)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

281 - 300 of 321 Posts