WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

321 - 334 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
That's a beauty!! Congrats, Mike!! Looks to me like it's a perfect fit.

You planning on trying it out on leather eventually, or will it be a bracelet only watch? I consider the Railmaster to be an Explorer killer, that's also very versatile when it comes to leather straps. I love the Explorer, but I consider it a bracelet only watch. I just don't like it on leather. I'd always longed for an Explorer, but once I got my Railmaster (60th Anniversary) the Explorer is out of my mind.

Enjoy your new Railmaster!!

Rene

Reactions: munichblue

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thank you for the nice words, René.

I also have an OEM Omega strap with deployant clasp and I will definitely be putting it on soon. I can also imagine many other straps and NATOs on the Railmaster and looking forward to the frequent change of straps.

See it exactly as you do, my 214270 was already on other straps, but it is made just for the Oyster. This versatility is a clear advantage for the Railmaster.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Do the early 2000s Railmasters have AR coating? I've read reviews saying yes, and some that say no , personally I can't quite tell on mine.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
It odd because some websites say they used clear AR in the underside

Actually, you may be right. The new Constellation range that was released later used A/R on both inside and out and it looked vastly different to the Railmaster. It looked like the watch didn’t have a crystal from certain angles, making the dial look very clear. The Railmaster, which has such a rich, deep charcoal grey/black dial, would have looked sensational with double A/R coating, but from memory, it was only on the inside. Forgive me, I used to sell watches back then and my memory for facts has blurred over the years.

picture from 2005/2006 Master Catalogue shows ‘A’ symbol in circle, which meant A/R coating. Planet Ocean models released that year showed two A’s in a circle, meaning double A/R coating.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Actually, you may be right. The new Constellation range that was released later used A/R on both inside and out and it looked vastly different to the Railmaster. It looked like the watch didn’t have a crystal from certain angles, making the dial look very clear. The Railmaster, which has such a rich, deep charcoal grey/black dial, would have looked sensational with double A/R coating, but from memory, it was only on the inside. Forgive me, I used to sell watches back then and my memory for facts has blurred over the years.
View attachment 15665989

picture from 2005/2006 Master Catalogue shows ‘A’ symbol in circle, which meant A/R coating. Planet Ocean models released that year showed two A’s in a circle, meaning double A/R coating.
Lol no worries, many reviews say it didn't have it yet some said it did, particularly techy sites, said clear AR underside only. Owners sites seem to think it didn't mainly because they can't see a hue

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yup, no internal AR & so it's easy to get reflections in the dial when taking pics :

( - this was for a pocket-shot thread, & taken using phone instead of camera, reflections from the window)

Easy to angle the watchface slightly differently for photos (or reading the time!) without reflections ...

Same room, but pics to see apparent size of 39.2 mm Railmaster 2503 on 7" wrist at distances other than close-up, dial twisted away from light sources slightly to avoid unwanted reflections, & the effect of slighly changing the angle of incline on the amount of light illuminating/reflecting from the hands _ 🤪

321 - 334 of 334 Posts