WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posts, that is. Just wanted to holler thanks to the forum for providing an enjoyable venue for information, horology related and otherwise! I'm particularly awed by those who have knowledge of the intricacies of a mechanical piece and how all the parts of a movement intertwine to create such beauty. And so much variation in taste, interesting and fascinating to see the different brands/individual watches that move us addicts. Great stuff!

Now, let's talk/write about me ;-)! 5 questions below, the answers to which should be apparent from my previous posts. First person (no matter what part of the world) who answers all correctly will score a new Seiko 5 Sport (see pic). I'm thinking someone will be able to get 'em all in a (hopefully) short period of time. If not, well, I'll have to come up with somethin' else or try this again at a higher post count :-d . . .

For the record and per WUS rules, this is my sole undertaking and WUS bears no responsibility whatsoever in the outcome. I'll ship the watch at my cost to a current member with an actual street address, uninsured but with tracking, if possible. If this is somehow in violation of WUS rules or something needs amendment I'm sure a mod will intervene, but hopefully not.

GO!

1) My favorite color
2) My favorite numeral
3) My type of watch movement preference
4) My all time favorite film
5) The one watch (specific brand and model) that I have owned twice, bought, sold, repurchased again

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Gratz!

No idea what the answers are so I'm just going to guess

1) Blue
2) 8
3) Manual
4) Tokyo monogatari
5) Rolex Explorer

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Reply in the thread guys, was just asked about that via pm from a member. I'll holler when I see the correct answers. Mahalo!

·
Premium Member
39,825 Posts
Red
Hand wind
Goodfellas
Seiko monster

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Congrats! I do enjoy your posts and not just because of the pretty pictures :)

1) Blue
2) 6
3) Manual
4) Billy Elliot
5) Nomos Ludwig

Mods can't enter other competitions which probably includes this; I'm just answering because I'm up early...

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats! I do enjoy your posts and not just because of the pretty pictures :)

1) Blue
2) 6
3) Manual
4) Billy Elliot
5) Nomos Ludwig

Mods can't enter other competitions which probably includes this; I'm just answering because I'm up early...
Good mornin' Geoff, thx for the kind words!!

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Congrats & quite generous of you!

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you sir! Have certainly enjoyed your input and opinions over time . . .

·
Registered
454 Posts
Congrats on reaching 1,000!

Here's my guess.
1.) navy blue
2.) 7
3.) automatic
4.) It's a Wonderful Life
5.) Nomos Ludwig

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not going to take part in the competition, but I enjoy reading your posts and having you around. Here's to many more, my friend!
Thanks IOL, certainly appreciate the compliment!! If you did elect to participate, thinkin' you know all the answers ;-) . . . . .

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on reaching 1,000!

Here's my guess.
1.) navy blue
2.) 7
3.) automatic
4.) It's a Wonderful Life
5.) Nomos Ludwig
Mahalo! Like everybody so far, close but not perfect. Appreciate the effort!!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Congrats on your longevity here, and very kind to offer a gift.

I'm guessing of course, but if I'm correct give it to the first claimant with the Brutus :)

1) Your favorite color....Gray
2) Your favorite numeral...1
3) Your type of watch movement preference...quartz of course
4) Your all time favorite film...Debbie does Dallas
5) The one watch (specific brand and model) that I have owned twice, bought, sold, repurchased again...Timex Expedition of course

Reactions: drhr
1 - 20 of 27 Posts