WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, yes I know.. not another tier thread. So I'll make this one more interesting.

How would you rate the following watch holding companies by the median of the brands they own?

Fossil Inc.
LVMH
Movado Group
PPR
Richemont
Swatch Group

And just for good measure I'll throw in a few more companies given their diversified ownership of several brands:

Seiko Holdings
Citizen Holdings
Rolex SA

If I'm missing any other holding companies then by all means throw them into the mix as well.

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
To do tiers, I think the broadest you can go is by brand. And where would you put a brand like ML, which has some nice watches indeed, but also quartz models? Trying to do a watch holding company like Swatch, which has super brands and low-end brands like Swatch, is harder than playing poker with the devil.

I'm not too interested in putting brands or companies into tiers. What I want to know is: what are the TIERS in the first place? So many terms are thrown around in the watch business, like luxury, premium, super luxury, super premium, sub-luxury, affordable luxury, near-luxury, basic luxury, mid-range, mid-tier, affordable, value-priced, etc.

It's almost as if every brand and every watch writer has its/his/her own "tier" terminology.

So come on gals and guys, what ARE the tiers?

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
I like pie.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Tier 1: My Watches
Tier 2: Their Watches

·
Registered
23,771 Posts