WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was doing a little clean up in my Photobucket account over the weekend and started looking at some of the watches that I have had over the years.

I guess the term “flipper” applies to me :-d but I did enjoy each and everyone of these at one point.

(sorry for the assorted photo sizes)

And the current SOTC

I guess all this points out is that I am probably in need of many hours of intense therapy :-d

And looking at all of these makes me wonder if I had a chance to get one back which would it be? I think the PAM 91 would be my choice.

So anybody else have any lost loves? If so, what one would you get back if you could?

Thanks for looking

Dave

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
:p Wow, Dave! That's an awesome collection you've had, mate. The IWCs, that Pam Flyback... just superb!

The SOTC is looking good. And hey, congrats on the new arrival there. That's a sharp looking number. Enjoy that one! :-!

There's really only one piece I miss at the moment. And that's my Fiddy...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't really get the flipping thing. I cannot part with any of my watches, each has a story or is liked for a particular reason.
I have to say I don't buy any old watches either I search, investigate and "hunt". My intention is to own 7 watches at the moment I am at 4, I may later increase to 10 ... dunno depends on the number of sons or nephews I have, as its my intention to pass them a decent watch each.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Great SOTC and thanks for the history. :-!

I rarely take SOTC pics since my skills are not even close to yours. The last time I did take one ( a year ago), I was PAMless.

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Great story Dave and awesome collection you had over the years :-!, love that doxa trio m8 and that 212 :p
Can imagine you miss the 91, same for me.
But hey, you never know if one pops up ;-)
About your SOTC - superb :-!

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That B&M Capeland Diver is such an underrated watch...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Dave: You may be a flipper, but you're a flipper with exquisite taste in wrist bling.

I think the Zenith is the one you prolly wish you had kept. EPs are da' Bomb !

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:p Wow, Dave! That's an awesome collection you've had, mate. The IWCs, that Pam Flyback... just superb!

The SOTC is looking good. And hey, congrats on the new arrival there. That's a sharp looking number. Enjoy that one! :-!

There's really only one piece I miss at the moment. And that's my Fiddy...
Thanks Dave and I would be missing that one too!

I don't really get the flipping thing. I cannot part with any of my watches, each has a story or is liked for a particular reason.
I have to say I don't buy any old watches either I search, investigate and "hunt". My intention is to own 7 watches at the moment I am at 4, I may later increase to 10 ... dunno depends on the number of sons or nephews I have, as its my intention to pass them a decent watch each.
CRT,

I know that a lot of folks dont get the whole "flipping" thing but my take on it is that there are just so many nice watches out there, my funds are limited so if I see something new that interests me then I usually am forced to move something out to cover the cost of the new one. I only have a few watches that have sentimental value, one being my grandfathers and one that my wife gave me when we married, they are not going anywhere.

Great SOTC and thanks for the history. :-!

I rarely take SOTC pics since my skills are not even close to yours. The last time I did take one ( a year ago), I was PAMless.
Luke, awesome collection! Love the Kobolds, the UTS and the Sinn. That blacked out U1 always interested me but I have to ask, can you tell the time at night? Does that black lume actually work?

Thats a cool watch!

Great story Dave and awesome collection you had over the years :-!, love that doxa trio m8 and that 212 :p
Can imagine you miss the 91, same for me.
But hey, you never know if one pops up ;-)
About your SOTC - superb :-!

Cheers,

John
Thanks John, I have seen a few 91's popping up recently, I am sure when the time is right I will find another one.

That B&M Capeland Diver is such an underrated watch...
SoCal, I have to agree, the B&M is a really great diver. At one time they were available through Overstock.com at a crazy low price. For a large watch it was very comfy and the lume was just amazing. Also the Kevlar face was just beautiful. Another one that I have thought about getting back :-d

Dave: You may be a flipper, but you're a flipper with exquisite taste in wrist bling.

I think the Zenith is the one you prolly wish you had kept. EPs are da' Bomb !
Thanks! The Zenith was my first "grail" watch, I had always wanted one and when I finally got it I was blown away. The only reason I moved it was that it was a bit on the small side and my tastes changed to larger size watches.

Thanks again for the nice comments!

Dave

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Jeez Dave

You, a flipper????:roll:

A few of them wound up here before moving on, and of course the 190 has found a permanent home here. You know, some of those I don't even remember you having, like the Big Pilot and the Big Bang.

I don't keep pics of the "ones that got away". I think my computer would crash, lol.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dave!! Therapy because you enjoy collecting/ flipping fine watches???? Are you nuts?? You have great taste my friend, cheers, J:-!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts