WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been excited by this one all week, checking the mail box eagerly, then whilst I was out yesterday the postman came and left me a delivery note, so it was off to the post office yesterday arvo with bated breath...

Here's the parcel:

well wrapped (though worryingly it rattled slightly)

Open it:

The original box!

and look inside:

A quick clean up and swapped the bracelet and we have:

a Slide Rule Chrono 6138-7000, which after tightening a few screws is in perfect working order, keeping perfect time, chrono snaps crisply to zero:

And all for $50 australian from the bay!!!

Happy? Me?

The renovation starts here, new crystal and NOS cursor ring ordered - the case needs refinishing and the bezel is a bit loose.

Anyone got an instruction manual fro the bezel? I've worked out multiplication, division, rate of climb and sine...(sort of) but I'd love to see the original instructions.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Judging from the pictures it looks like the crystal cleaned up quite well, very nice! I need to pick me up a vintage chronograph.
Yes, acrylic crystals clean up pretty easily if they don't have really deep scratches. This one has a couple of hairline cracks around the edge, so I'll be popping in a new one.

The 6138 and 6139 chronos are fantastic watches and CAN be bought for very little cash if you're lucky!

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
A 6138-7000 for 50 bucks??? Incredible!!! Great score mate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts