WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last, after several months, i have again found an interesting piece at my local flea market, and for a ridicolous price (4 Euro :-X )

It is an almost NOS Chinese "Sputnik" alarm clock, made by Shangai factory, the same owned by Phil, http://www.netgrafik.ch/images/sputnik-clock.jpg

The curious fact is that the tag on the clock (with just some scratches on the case caused by the storage) indicates that it was stored for many and many years in an old jewelry not far from my home! :-D

Note the similar features in common with the very rare Sputnik watch with "ghost rocket" (the first one in the third pic).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hi Michele,

4 Euros...for such so fine finding!!!:-!

I remember that time in the 70's when we were invaded by chinese and russian alarmclocks. This one is particularly interesting!

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Hi Michele,

4 Euros...for such so fine finding!!!:-!

I remember that time in the 70's when we were invaded by chinese and russian alarmclocks. This one is particularly interesting!

Cheers,
Marc,

Have you found the 15 jewels, 8 days Chinese clock? That is a good quality clock with a nice elegant French design.:)

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, Marc and Soviet!
That was a very random find. The clock was for sale on a flea market stand, together with other normal and anonymous alarm clocks. I asked for the price, and when the seller replied "4 Euro" i almost thought that it was a joke!
Usually alarm clocks costs much less than wristwatches, but i bought this one substantially for free :-D
Soviet, do you know something more about it? I would like to start a collection of Chinese watches, but the argument is even more complicated than Russian watches... :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts