WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
20,568 Posts
Is there a watch that really fascinates you, but, for whatever reason, price, availability, discontinuation, practicality, usage, etc..., you would never buy?

For me, the watch that fits in this category is the Jacquet Droz Charming Bird

View attachment 15538512

Can't imagine my local watchmaker's face when I bring this watch in for regulating

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glashutte Original Senator Sixties Panorama Fiery Orange (I like Met21's green dial almost as much)--won't buy it, since I don't need another watch--but, if one of mine gives up the ghost, this would be the one I would go for.
View attachment 15538545
Yes, but there is a possibility of you buying it; you have to post a watch that you really love but would NEVER buy, or that you would have to search hard to find

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
I absolutely love this, but can never spend that kind of money for a watch.

·
Registered
940 Posts
There are countless examples out there. But if I had to narrow it down to one, I'd go with a vintage 16613 Rolex Bluesy with a Serti dial.

Such a stunning watch to look at. But it's also incredibly ostentatious, not to mention far out of my price range.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

A bit too large for me, prefer watches with date complication, and I never use the chrono (prefer timing bezel). I also don't like the theoretical maintenance costs of a mechanical chrono.

But I would love the watch if gifted to me. I just would never buy it personally because I have a fairly limited budget.

·
Registered
609 Posts
These days with current watch prices it’s a decent sized list, if I had to pick one that stands out - Daytona. I’ve wanted one for as long as I can remember, for a lot of years they were unobtainable or I couldn’t afford one. Now days they are easier to locate & I can afford it but when I think of spending that sort of money on a watch I just can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
201 Posts
A Lange and Sohn 1815 Chrono... looks amazing, but serious money and I don’t think I could ever bring myself to spend that much on a watch... I’m sure they’ve done a platinum one in the past as well, so let’s get that one on the list...

pic below of its best side

A6ADD8AD-5F98-4AD5-804B-A57DC8AF2980.png

·
Registered
71 Posts
Too many watches fall into this category quite sadly... Not sure even where to start.. maybe the vianney halters or the original ulysee nardin freak

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A Lange and Sohn 1815 Chrono... looks amazing, but serious money and I don’t think I could ever bring myself to spend that much on a watch... I’m sure they’ve done a platinum one in the past as well, so let’s get that one on the list...

pic below of its best side

View attachment 15538603
Sorry to disappoint you, they never made them in Platinum, you'll have to settle for white gold (just don't shoot the messenger)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Seamaster 300.

I currently love the looks and the tech, but I’m sure I would eventually tire of the heft, the growth at 10 and the scalloped bezel.

Additionally all modern Seamasters look dated to me after a few years.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts