WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch you have sold or lost that you really regret, wish to get it back. Post some pictures of it or from a similar.
Here some of the watches I regret to sell. 10356a2010141-corum-goldenbridge-reference-corum-13150.jpg CN_IWC2000_huge.jpg

·
Registered
136 Posts

This rolex... Boi o boi it was mint.... here’s the story!

I purchased it in Milan. However, I flipped it few months after. I regret it ever since but I know for sure I will buy it back one day.
Dear Tom, if you are reading this, pls make sure you take a good care of it.
Let’s now get back to the story.
So, as soon as I picked up the watch from the Trusted Dealer, I was on cloud nine. I took some pics near Duomo Cathedral and headed to the Italian restaurant with my gf. On our way back to the hotel, we decided to buy some wine at the supermarket. As soon as we approached it, I suddenly got a strange thought :,,where the hell is my wallet?”. I checked all my pockets, searched through our backpacks, and still could not find it... I only found 4 Eur in my pocket. Loosing my wallet not only meant loosing my credit cards. The worst part was loosing my ID, which was necessary to fly back home. Our flight was supposed to be in ± 30 hours, so, I had to figure something out. We immediately went to the police, and tried searching it in metros..After having walked..30 km, we headed back to the hotel to get “a good nights sleep” before our last day in Milan, which was ruined, cause all we cared about was the lost ID. Due to the stress, we basically couldn’t sleep all night. We woke up desperate not knowing what to do. Luckily, I got a message on FB from a stranger Remo. The message was in Italian, it translates into: ,,I found your wallet in a train.” I was shocked. What were the odds of getting my wallet back in Milan?! I immediately rushed to meet Remo. After 30 mins I already had my wallet back with all the IDs and cards. I offered Remo 4 euros in return, which he refused and said that he believed I would do the same for someone else. God bless you Remo! Eventually, my gf and I enjoyed our last day in Milan and we didn’t miss our flight! I will never forget this story and the good guy Remo! This made me realize that everything in life can change instantly and you can be left with 4 euros in your pocket but still be wearing a Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
971 Posts

This rolex... Boi o boi it was mint.... here’s the story!

I purchased it in Milan. However, I flipped it few months after. I regret it ever since but I know for sure I will buy it back one day.
Dear Tom, if you are reading this, pls make sure you take a good care of it.
Let’s now get back to the story.
So, as soon as I picked up the watch from the Trusted Dealer, I was on cloud nine. I took some pics near Duomo Cathedral and headed to the Italian restaurant with my gf. On our way back to the hotel, we decided to buy some wine at the supermarket. As soon as we approached it, I suddenly got a strange thought :,,where the hell is my wallet?”. I checked all my pockets, searched through our backpacks, and still could not find it... I only found 4 Eur in my pocket. Loosing my wallet not only meant loosing my credit cards. The worst part was loosing my ID, which was necessary to fly back home. Our flight was supposed to be in ± 30 hours, so, I had to figure something out. We immediately went to the police, and tried searching it in metros..After having walked..30 km, we headed back to the hotel to get “a good nights sleep” before our last day in Milan, which was ruined, cause all we cared about was the lost ID. Due to the stress, we basically couldn’t sleep all night. We woke up desperate not knowing what to do. Luckily, I got a message on FB from a stranger Remo. The message was in Italian, it translates into: ,,I found your wallet in a train.” I was shocked. What were the odds of getting my wallet back in Milan?! I immediately rushed to meet Remo. After 30 mins I already had my wallet back with all the IDs and cards. I offered Remo 4 euros in return, which he refused and said that he believed I would do the same for someone else. God bless you Remo! Eventually, my gf and I enjoyed our last day in Milan and we didn’t miss our flight! I will never forget this story and the good guy Remo! This made me realize that everything in life can change instantly and you can be left with 4 euros in your pocket but still be wearing a Rolex.

That’s a cool story! And being Italian I can say you have been preeeeeetty lucky to have it back

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don’t even have any pictures anymore, but I sold a Rolex Date that I really wish I’d kept. It was in great shape, and I told myself I wanted a non-tritium dial. Going to be a while before I can afford to buy one again! Now I have three kids!

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Sort of regret selling my Seiko Sumo SBDC003 Pre-X. Partly because it was the first watch I bought new with my own money, but primarily because it was immediately flipped. It deserved better.

Reactions: JULIOCESARMORDAN

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Nothing really... Once they are gone, they are gone, I can always get it back as I’m not much into rare vintage watches...

That IWC Porsche Design is such a beautiful watch... I guess I’d miss that one, too.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Not my picture, but my teenage years G-Shock. It was gaudy, garish, and ridiculous. And it took an absolute beating like a champion for years and years. Finally, a button came off and younger me didn't know what an easy fix that was, so it was eventually lost to the trash when cleaning out my childhood room.

G Shock_2.jpg

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
20170910_154104.jpg

My 2500 PO. Sold about a year after my MM300 came into the picture and took most of my diver wrist time. I decided at the time that I had too many divers.

Not that I regret keeping the MM in it's place but wish I had kept both.

Reactions: Buick

·
Premium Member
9,431 Posts
Nokie - I had that watch and the movement 'ground' to a halt - literally after 1 day of use -
they replaced it immediately with a Rainbow Defy Chrono which I loved

·
Registered
48 Posts
(Not my photo)

NTH Nacken Renegade (i had the date version)

Loved it! Lume was amazing, the dial almost changed colour depending on the light, looked really nice on various straps, high quality finish, really regretted selling it thte moment i posted it to be honest

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Two for me come to mind.
Firstly my Oris

And my MM300

I'd have both back in a second. Miss both of them.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Cartier Solo XL i wish I would have kept it. Got it in mint condition for 2k made a good profit but nonetheless i do regret selling it

·
Registered
106 Posts
As posted in the Rolex/Tudor forum, I have two. The Tudor 79220B was my wedding watch and the Rolex 16570 Polar was my grail. Both were sold for funds that ended up not being needed and both are sorely missed. Luckily, I am buying another 16570 tomorrow, but the 79220B wedding watch cannot be replaced (so I settled on getting a 79220N). 60151392592__00761304-DC1B-44F0-B43A-1AD3E5AA48BC.JPG IMG_1693.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts