WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, casio.com says they e same in size but A168W-1 looks thicker to me.are thy equally same size?:-s

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hi,

For a basic cheap digital watch I would recommend the W71 over these two models. It has 4 buttons while these models have three buttons (the light button is combined with stopwatch reset)
Plus W71 has 24hr SW (Stopwatch) and 24 hr CDT (Countdown Timer).

Also the A158/159 are plastic bodies with metallic look coatings. They are not metal bodied.

Casio page for W71:
W71-1V - Classic - Timepiece - Products - CASIO

• 50M Water Resistant
  • Micro Light
  • Dual Time
  • Muli-function Alarm
  • Countdown Timer
    Measuring unit: 1 second
    Countdown range: 1 second to 24 hours
    Auto-repeat function
  • 1/100 second digital stopwatch
    Measuring capacity: 23:59'59.99"
    Measuring modes: Net time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
  • Hourly Time Signal
  • Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2029)
  • Accuracy: +/-15 seconds per month
  • Battery CR2016
  • Approx. battery life: 5 years
  • Module 549

If you can go the extra little bit of cash, go for a G-shock dw5600e. It is a far better watch than any of those above. My favourite feature of the dw5600 is that the time is always visible in stopwatch mode.

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/G-Shock/DW5600_Series/product/DW5600E-1V/

Search the forums for dw5600e, you'll find plenty of wrist shots.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Sorry - no wrists shots right now. If I get a chance, I will try to take some and post them here.

Looking at the Casio website, it appears that the A168W-1 and the A158W-1 both have the same dimensions, so they most likely are the same size. For what its worth, I like the look of the A158W-1 bracelet better.

Just know that these are not robust, high quality watches - I got one for the retro-kitsch factor, but I realistically won't be wearing it much. Like Ghobbit said, it is not a metal case - its chrome-plated plastic, and the bracelet is pretty thin. That being said, they will still probably last a long time if you are not too hard on them.

Jason

·
Registered
351 Posts
i have both and the a168 is a couple mm thicker. yeah u guys are right it is made out of cheap materials but so what this is the only kind of digital bracelet watch that you can buy that is not jumbo size

1 - 7 of 7 Posts