WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do we do this to ourselves? I had everything sorted. I wanted a beater. It was going to be the Colt II Quartz. Quartz for two reasons - more robust than automatic and because it would only be an occassional wear, I wouldn't have to wind it.

3 months of research, looking at the watch, feeling it on my wrist. I decided on the blue face with rubber strap. Went to the AD today to take another look at the Colt II and order the one I wanted. They didn't have any Colt with a rubber strap, so I asked them to look at another watch that had the strap on - I wanted to see what it looked like on my wrist. They brought out a Superocean with an orange face. I didn't even see it. Put the strap on - comfortable, casual. Yep, perfect. Then I made my mistake. I turned my wrist over and looked at the watch. Why? Why did I do that?

It is simply beautiful. Of course, it's automatic. Of course, that doesn't matter anymore. Automatics are robust - right? How hard is it to wind a watch afterall? Do I really need a 'beater'? Surely a classy sports watch was what I was really after all the time?

Are we insane? Is there a cure? Or are we just permanently f*cked?

Guess which one I'll be buying for Christmas?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Yup, it's a disease indeed... I guess you didn't cancel the order for the Colt Quartz?

My thought was that with 4 watches in 4 different dial colors, I had everything I could ever want. Now I am thinking up reasons to have several watches with the same dial color but for different occasions. Do you know how many watches that justifies :roll::think:

I wish you all the best and enjoy your new watch(es) :-d

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
its because we are all secretly part magpie as well, mmmm shiny must have it!

you dont need a reason to buy another one anyway they are all so pretty

Tslk to Ron he has 2 of the same model in different dial colours!! granted one has a display back damn him

That's why there is a 12part program to recovery.

Colt
SO
Navitimer
B1
Cosmonaute
CWSLE
Chronomat
Avenger
Olympus
Montbriliant
Datora
Emergency

This program is open to personal modification, but the basics are pretty much the same

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

Colt
SO
Navitimer
B1
Cosmonaute
CWSLE
Chronomat
Avenger
Olympus
Montbriliant
Datora
Emergency

This program is open to personal modification, but the basics are pretty much the same
yeah mine seems to go

Datora
Cosmonaute
806 Navi
Emergency Mission
Rose gold Navi on leather (to bling on metal)

after that it all goes a little hazy and not too many jump out at me

although i do like the black steel avenger or whatever it was looks good on the black strap with red stiching that a fellow addict posted recently damn him!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, folks. At least you all have an explanation of sorts. My obsessive purchasing over the years has absolutely no pattern. I'm all over the place with color, models and LE's, and Bentleys and there is no going back. It might make sense if I sold one or two upon occasion, but as stated above, the magpie in me won't allow for that...
-jbbb

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
For Alex...

Here ya go *chuckles*

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Re: For Alex...

mmm 809 thats missing from my collection, dad always wanted a matched pair so its on my list although i need a 60's one.
It *IS* a 1960ies one :) 1962 to be presact .. the only year an all black was ever produced (unless they made a few in 1963)

-Rene

·
Registered
658 Posts
How dare you call my baby a beater! ;-)

AD visits are difficult. So many nice shinny bits of metal. Count yourself lucky you "only" walked out with a Superocean!

Congrats on the new watch! b-)

·
Registered
328 Posts

Colt
SO
Navitimer
B1
Cosmonaute
CWSLE
Chronomat
Avenger
Olympus
Montbriliant
Datora
Emergency

Hi my name is Joe. And I.....am a Breitlingaholic.

If that list represents the 12 steps, I am very happy to say that I think I have passed through 10 of them. 8 are on that list, including:

SO
Navitimer
B1
Cosmonaute
CWSLE
Avenger
Olympus
Emergency

The other 2 are my own "first step," my Chrono Cockpit, which was my first B. This would be instead of the Chronomat step for me. Then of course there is the Astromat, which was my second B, my "second step." I guess I got rolling fast on this 12-step B program and hit the ground running when I did with my Chrono Cockpit and my Astromat!!

I reserve the right to get a Breitling for Bentley watch to fill one of the final 2 steps ;-), but I think it will be a while before that happens. The budget for the year is tapped and unless I sell one of my B's I will probably not buy one for quite a while...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts