WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
181 - 200 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
8,937 Posts
Pls keep us all posted for the next sale. I’m the market now for a PO. Do guys know if one will be released soon and any leaked pictures?
If there were, you'd see a thread. There's not. And if/when a new Planet Ocean is released, you can probably expect a 6-12 month delay before they show up on AAFES. The 3861 Speedmaster had only been up on the site for a few weeks prior to the sale that cleaned them out.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I picked up a Speedy Sapphire Sandwich on the bracelet last month for $4664. I used the Military Star card first time purchase discount to get an additional 10% off. So 30% total. The only way to do this is to get pre approved a before shopping. I logged on every morning for over a month and finally seen it for 20% off. After I purchased it, I logged back on 45 minutes later and they were sold out. You have to be on the ball to get one that way.
Curious about this, as I’d like to pick up an Omega from AAFES if they do a good Black Friday sale. I would also sign up for their credit card to get the additional 10% off.

My question is, when you sign up for their credit card, do you have to make a purchase quickly or within a certain time frame to get the 10% off, or will you automatically get 10% off of your first purchase no matter when and what it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,937 Posts
Curious about this, as I’d like to pick up an Omega from AAFES if they do a good Black Friday sale. I would also sign up for their credit card to get the additional 10% off.

My question is, when you sign up for their credit card, do you have to make a purchase quickly or within a certain time frame to get the 10% off, or will you automatically get 10% off of your first purchase no matter when and what it is?

Good question! It sounds like @Marine73 had already been approved for the card and waited until the Speedy went on sale to make his "first day" purchases. I had the opposite experience back in February. I saw the Seamaster for sale, went to the online Military Star application and got immediate approval including my account number and expiration date so that I could make the purchase that day. So, for me at least, the purchases were literally the first day my account was approved.

In addition, you get 0% interest and no payments for 12 months on watch purchases in excess of $799.

For the next few months, it sounds like Fridays might be a good day to log in early:

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
Pls keep us all posted for the next sale. I’m the market now for a PO. Do guys know if one will be released soon and any leaked pictures?
I think we're in the current generation for at least another 2 or 3 years. Anything coming up would likely be a limited edition/special event/partnership release.

I'm hoping they put out a modern 165.024, but that would probably take away from the PO line since it seems the PO is highly inspired by the 165.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I’m predicting that they will come out with a green dial 300m or PO. They tested the water with the green AT this past year and it has done well. In fact, in person it’s stunning. If they use the same color on a 300m or PO, it would be one to collect.

·
Registered
144 Posts

I got my card and didn’t use it for about 6 weeks. I don’t think there is a time limit on the 10%.

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
I’m predicting that they will come out with a green dial 300m or PO. They tested the water with the green AT this past year and it has done well. In fact, in person it’s stunning. If they use the same color on a 300m or PO, it would be one to collect.
I think they came out with the green AT at end of 2019, very early 2020 at the latest. They released it before the green craze hit. I'm not sure it would work for the 300M.

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think they came out with the green AT at end of 2019, very early 2020 at the latest. They released it before the green craze hit. I'm not sure it would work for the 300M.
Your correct. It did come out in 2019. I didn’t actually get my hands on one until recently.
I think a green 300m would be a hit. Actually, I think a deep red/burgundy would be awesome too. The green color worked really well for the submariner and now that the Hulk is impossible to buy for less than 15-18k, a green 300m would get a lot of attention. That being said, Omega would have to play very carefully with the shades of green dial/bezel combo to make this work. I would like to see a light emerald green dial with a darker green bezel. To make it more interesting, using the liquid metal on the bezel like the PO would seal the deal for me. Just being hopeful.
I have the new sapphire Moonwatch as mentioned before. I also was fortunate enough to pick up a new white dial 38.5mm AT this year that I absolutely LOVE. It’s so much better in person. I actually sold a blue 300M to fund the purchase. I just couldn’t bond with the blue 300m likeI thought I would. I was ready to move on after a year. So now I’m waiting for the perfect diver to complete my collection. Right now I am leaning more towards a black PO, but the 39.5mm one. I will be patient though and wait to see what 2022-2023 brings.
Watch Analog watch Photograph Light Black

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
Went on to the AAFES site. Almost all watches are gone. Don't know what's happening.

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
I saw that about an hour ago too. I came to report but got sidetracked looking at other watches lol

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
I saw that about an hour ago too. I came to report but got sidetracked looking at other watches lol
It's disturbing. Only thing I can think is that they caught a ton of people buying at a great discount and then flipping the watches and said screw it.

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
It's disturbing. Only thing I can think is that they caught a ton of people buying at a great discount and then flipping the watches and said screw it.
Yes it is. Glad I snagged what I think was the last in stock of the Oris 65 a week ago. It arrived yesterday.

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
Navy Exchange is another option, but no Omega there.

• 5.11 (1)
  • Alpina (13)
  • Armani Exchange (10)
  • Armitron (16)
  • Bering (12)
  • BMW Motorsport (5)
  • Bulova (36)
  • Caravelle (30)
  • Casio (145)
  • Citizen (58)
  • COACH (9)
  • Columbia (14)
  • Diesel (9)
  • Emporio Armani (17)
  • Fossil (36)
  • Garmin (4)
  • Gucci (4)
  • Guess (15)
  • Hamilton (46)
  • Harley Davidson (19)
  • iTouch (1)
  • Kenneth Cole (5)
  • Lacoste (16)
  • Longines (19)
  • Luminox (13)
  • Michael Kors (10)
  • Milla Sky (1)
  • Movado (45)
  • MTM Special Ops (124)
  • Nixon (24)
  • Puma (9)
  • Rado (19)
  • Rolex (2)
  • Salvatore Ferragamo (3)
  • Seiko (74)
  • Shinola (8)
  • Skagen (15)
  • Tag Heuer (30)
  • Timberland (8)
  • Timex (12)
  • Tissot (31)
  • Tommy Bahama (2)
  • Tommy Hilfiger (28)
  • Versace (18)
  • Zodiac (9)

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
Navy Exchange is another option, but no Omega there.

• 5.11 (1)

• Alpina (13)

• Armani Exchange (10)

• Armitron (16)

• Bering (12)

• BMW Motorsport (5)

• Bulova (36)

• Caravelle (30)

• Casio (145)

• Citizen (58)

• COACH (9)

• Columbia (14)

• Diesel (9)

• Emporio Armani (17)

• Fossil (36)

• Garmin (4)

• Gucci (4)

• Guess (15)

• Hamilton (46)

• Harley Davidson (19)

• iTouch (1)

• Kenneth Cole (5)

• Lacoste (16)

• Longines (19)

• Luminox (13)

• Michael Kors (10)

• Milla Sky (1)

• Movado (45)

• MTM Special Ops (124)

• Nixon (24)

• Puma (9)

• Rado (19)

• Rolex (2)

• Salvatore Ferragamo (3)

• Seiko (74)

• Shinola (8)

• Skagen (15)

• Tag Heuer (30)

• Timberland (8)

• Timex (12)

• Tissot (31)

• Tommy Bahama (2)

• Tommy Hilfiger (28)

• Versace (18)

• Zodiac (9)
yeah, I thought of that, but I'd have to register.

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
I just saw the new Seiko field watch SRPG27. Just ordered one for $186. It's above $200 most everywhere else, plus tax and shipping.

Hamilton and Zodiac are on sale right now too. The Hamilton Murph is just $676. I already have an Oris Pointer Date that looks way better so I don't need that Murph, but I would grab one otherwise.

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
Reactions: JLittle

·
Registered
144 Posts
This is terrible! No Omega watches!! Somethings up. AAFES has been an Omega dealer forever!! I wonder what’s going on?
I know Omega is making a pretty decent price increase in 2022. Maybe they’re holding off until then. Who knows.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ugh. I came in here to report the same. No Omega, no Hamilton’s, no Oris. Etc. The search function returns nothing when typing in those brands.

Here’s something odd to add to the mix. I added two Hamilton watches to my online cart during the Labor Day sale. When I went to check out, each item had a message reading, “Returns not allowed,” or words to that effect. I’m not sure what to make of it, but that doesn’t bode well!

I ultimately took the risk and ordered one of the two Hamiltons. Received it directly from Swatch Group US. The warranty card is blank.

(I put it on an Erika’s Originals strap)

181 - 200 of 219 Posts