WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Oh no they’re onto us! I’m not too worried yet. Hopefully they’re just loading back up or something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Actually I just checked the website and there are multiple Omega watches on it. Standard Diver 300, Diver 300 with yellow gold, Diver 300 chrono, Planet Ocean.. they’re all on there.

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
Wow it's weird. I see it now too.

I got on with chat support and the agent has no idea and just said "we add and remove things daily". No, wrong. Not like this.

I then emailed asking the same.

So I'll probably get another response like WTF are you talking about.

But oh well, at least our best kept secret is back.

They could've at least thrown a couple speedys up there for us.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Wow it's weird. I see it now too.

I got on with chat support and the agent has no idea and just said "we add and remove things daily". No, wrong. Not like this.

I then emailed asking the same.

So I'll probably get another response like WTF are you talking about.

But oh well, at least our best kept secret is back.

They could've at least thrown a couple speedys up there for us.
I am really hoping the Speedies come back as well.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Yall worrying too much. They come and go with Omega and other brand stock. It's been like this forever. If Omega is reporting they are out of inventory, then it's not on the site.

They get watches directly from them.

Speedies come and go all the time.

Stock comes and goes with all brands.

If any of you read the fine print on any name brand watches when you bought them, they are all non-refundable. It's been that way for a while. It may be a certain dollar threshold possibly, but that's how they've done business for a while.

Take a chill pill folks. It's a nice perk for active and vets, but don't lose your shorts over it. Most of you just discovered this from our posting. They've had these watches forever.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Swung by an AD after work and perused. Starting to think I should have gone for the sapphire sandwich.

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
Yall worrying too much. They come and go with Omega and other brand stock. It's been like this forever. If Omega is reporting they are out of inventory, then it's not on the site.

If any of you read the fine print on any name brand watches when you bought them, they are all non-refundable. It's been that way for a while. It may be a certain dollar threshold possibly, but that's how they've done business for a while.

Take a chill pill folks. It's a nice perk for active and vets, but don't lose your shorts over it. Most of you just discovered this from our posting. They've had these watches forever.

Yeah, this was a bit different than normal. They went from having over 900 mens watches to having 51. And I've known about them having watches on that site for many, many years.

Reactions: dt75

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts

How often have they removed all high end stock from the site? I'll say hardly ever if not ever. It was surprising to see but seems like a logical thing if these discounted pieces ended up on the grey market or were being resold by other storefronts

Reactions: JLittle

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
I've seen them removed a number of times and the re-appear. They are stock driven by what Omega can provide. The speedmaster disappeared for around 8 months when stock of the old model was gone.

After the initial rush on the new model cleared and inventory caught up, the new speedies were put on the site. Inventory at Omega has shifted again and they are removed.

The black/white smp300m, it was on the site for about 3 months then gone. That one I haven't called an AD about inventory they could get, but I suspect Omega has low inventory of that color because of its popularity.

The bluejean railmaster has been on the site non-stop for over a year and the sale price is usually really good. It's not as popular and I think there is inventory just sitting on that model.

My local AD has had the same one in the case for over a year.....

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
I have actually seen products bought directly from AAFES end up being sold immediately on this and other sites.

AAFES will revoke your account if they catch you doing this. I actually know of one person who lost their ability to purchase watches from AAFES because they got caught flipping them.

He told me that it was tracked by serial number and through Omega when the watch was registered online to the new owner....how much of that is true I don't know, but AAFES does know the serial number of each watch and who purchased it. It may have had to do with the almost immediate switch of ownership.

One person on this site even posted they got a watch at a great sale price from AAFES in their sale posting which was within days of the actual sale, and they still posted it at retail price.

Who knows, eventually, it may get ruined for us because of shenanigans....

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 · (Edited)
God, who keeps posting this garbage online.....These boobs walk into an Omega Boutique and ask about a discount or "confirm" that there is no discount offered by the OMEGA BOUTIQUE. Well no **** dumbass. You might as well walk into Apple or Tiffanys and ask them the same question. You go to the NAME-BRAND store who has a vested interest in protecting the MSRP of a watch and they tell you no, we don't offer discounts.

Go to your local AD and they will work around it. Go to AAFES and they will continue to offer....the difference being, AAFES is not a "public" access website. It's like a membership site..like Costco. They can then advertise any price they want. This is how retail works.

But again, why would anyone expect a discount in the name-brand store. I keep seeing this crap in other threads...

Sorry for the rant, but this is getting silly.

And, sorry if it seems like I was yelling at Cappyab....bro, nothing intended your way at all. It's the people making videos like that. All love for Cappy!

·
Registered
246 Posts
No worries at all! My hackles went up when I heard about the removal of discounts at ADs, not boutiques. But I should have written more before sharing such a well-vetted source :). I also think that, if true, implementing such restrictions would be a challenge.

201 - 219 of 219 Posts